Outdoor Grow Box

Righto..

This is what you get when the mind is constantly ticking over trying to come up with a solution to growing outdoors in a exposed area and to keep prying eyes away, as well as the kids. I don't need anything large as I'm the only Cannabis Consumer here, and I can grow 2 or 3 crops a year to keep my jars topped up.

I can't remember the dimensions now, but it's something like 1m wide x 1.6m long and about 1.2m deep. But it basically has a basket inside it that I can raise and lower as the plants grow. The mechanism I used to raise and lower the basket is a basic boat winch. The basket is raised by 4 cables attached to each corner, which eventually join up at one point and goes to a single cable that is wound up by the winch. It's important to use this 4 into 1 design otherwise the basket can't be raised evenly.

First pic, shows the side view with the crank handle temporarily in it's place. It is removable.

post-10745-0-70524000-1507074444_thumb.jpg

Second pic, is just a bit of a look-see inside with basket set at about half way.

post-10745-0-53526000-1507074791_thumb.jpg

Third pic, is a view with the lid shut. I wanted a lid so I can close it up in case it hails or any bad weather, as well as prying eyes from the sky or near by. Earlier this year I had a chopper working a grid pattern over my local area. It became a saving grace at that time. It's also lockable, with a padlock.

post-10745-0-21792700-1507075052_thumb.jpg

Forth pic, basically shows the cables and winch all up one end of the box. The basket is at it's lowest point at this stage. It's just the right depth to be working with Auto's. At the moment the basket can hold 14 x 30cm pots (I think).

post-10745-0-93776600-1507075247_thumb.jpg

And final pic, is of a screen I made up. Once I get this grow done I'm going with a photoperiod strain that I'll pot up in either 1 or 2 50 litre pots and whenever anything grows above the screen I can pull it under again. So hopefully once it's done I'll have a screen of green.

post-10745-0-86214500-1507075605_thumb.jpg

That's about it. If anything else comes to mind I'll mention it here I guess.

:bonghit:

• Upvote 7