Broad mites anyone?

Ordered 10k predatory mites today (https://bugsforbugs.com.au/product/californicus/) for delivery next week when I'm hoping the synthetic pyrethoids in the mosquito coils I desperately fumigated my tents with will have degraded sufficiently.

I plan on putting a tiny fraction in my tents and blasting the rest all over the property starting with the lemon tree in the back yard.

For the record, they have a minimum order of $30 on the web site so I had to do the transaction over the telephone.

I'll update in a few weeks. I'm assuming the Broad mites are more or less impossible to eradicate but as long as there are any in my grow rooms, the predatory mites should also be able to reproduce and keep them under control.

Thanks for the suggestion @cardrona !

Edited by doctor_nelson
  • Upvote 1

My Californicus predatory mites arrived yesterday so I spread most of them immediately. Plants still look ok but today I took a careful look and again, I can see broad mites under damaged leaves on my plants - oh shit, they're back for sure. Then on another leaf I saw a predatory mite (they're a brownish orange) dragging a broad mite (they're smaller and off white) off for a snack - absolutely fantastic to watch - sorry I just don't have the equipment to get any photos - you need at least 100X to see the broad mites easily - but the predatory mites are great - they run around really fast and I think I have enough of their prey to enable them to settle in - as far as I can figure out, broad mites don't ever really go away unless you burn everything and start again or use a lot of really bad chemicals.

Edited by doctor_nelson