Max-Fan 355 + Canlite 3000 + Variac + 2 x Silencers. Shhhhhhh

Max-Fan 355 + Canlite 3000 Filter + Variac + 2 x Silencers

355 moves 710l/s air

Spins 1440RPM which is the slowest for that amount of air I could find, the 14" helps

150w

I'm trying to get quiet and cooler by buying big and silencing each end and insulating/boxing the fan in and then using the variac for around 40-50% speed.

Chipboard and rockwool work well for the fan outer insulation/boxing.

If anyone has done something similar and its worked or not it would be great to hear.

Targets around 300-350l/s

Also anyone with a good variac supply, cheapest so far $180

Rooms 5m long x 1m wide x 2m high    +    3 x 600w, 2 x 315w

I donno which fan that is but the best possible fan u can chose will be a quality centrifugal fan these fans produce the kind of pressure needed to vent rooms but centrifugal fans require a certain percentage of start up power to power up to speed i can't at the moment remember if its around 35% or 55% but it is something like that, i would chose a centrifugal over a mixed flow fan as the pressure from a CF in the larger sizes is almost triple the PA pressure

Have been using ceiling fans for a long time, as good as anything out there, for the price you can afford to run a few if need be, they are quite and run for ever at 24 hours a day, have never had one stop working, throwing a ten year old one out at the moment, and not because it doesn't work, its just time for a new one or 2.

Edited by pedro de pacas

yeah Gazza Im hearing ya, but I cannot find a centrifugal that peaks at 1000l/s.

Ive upped my need from 710 to 1000l/s so that if need be I can turn it up on those hot summer days.

Westaflex do the 12" centrifugal at 498l/s, however at 70db and I would need two of them, the noise is getting waaaay to much. 

Any centrifugals you have found that are quieter and perhaps in the 14-16" range?

All I find is cheap chinese poo :(

Why on earth would u be running 3,600 cubic meters per hour of air? guys with grows like this would install a commercial air conditioning system, actually if u were running a single fan capable of 3,600 cubic meters per hour it probably would suck u into the thing and shred you to pieces like a wood chipper

seriously u would need to upgrade from a centrifugal fan to a centrifugal blower at those numbers i am thinking