Foxtails

Some strains are just prone to foxtailing but it can also be caused by lighting environments as well just like there is some strains that have more hairs than others just because you have some pale hairs dosent mean its not ready,going by the method of wait until the hairs are brown is a rough guide and should be used as just that a guide to indicate that your plants are getting close to harvest,only by looking at the trichs can you get a 100% accurate harvest time

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Don't worry, Bob. I got a bit of it going on with a couple of Auto's at the moment as well. I put it down to the recent bit of warmer weather (Spring). As well as a unwanted phenotype of the strain.

If you're wondering when to pull it. I'd say once you run out of herb or oil (or whatever you got going on there). Considering it's 115 days in.

Yes the earlier you pull it the larger the THC content. The later you pull it the more CBN is present. This is not necessarily a bad thing. There is a wealth of information on the forums in relation to "Harvesting Time"

Pulling it at the right time is important, just a matter of determining when it is the right time to pull it.

The above comment about leaves yellowing off is a good indicator of plant readiness.  Basically, if the upper shade leaves are still green the plant is happy to keep on flowering and bulking up, but when they start yellowing off she's used up all her reserves and you need a good reason to keep pushing her along.  Just like I've had a couple of strains yellow off before they're ready, I've had a couple that just want to keep going.  In your situation I'd be looking at the overall picture instead of focussing on trichs or new white pistils.  If there's still life left in the leaves, leave her to keep filling out and you'll get more yield, just watch for signs of mould.

Foxtailing can be genetic or environmental, or both.  Unless you've had her in an over lit environment, or with added heat, I'd be putting it down to genetics at this time of year.  I've had a couple do it from heat stress and they tend to look slightly different to the genetically based ones, a lot more airy and spindly.  Over feeding nute sensitive strains can do it as well, so especially if the shadies are still really green it may be worth cutting right back on food.

I look at breeder stats for auto grow times as an optimistic estimate of minimum time in actual flower, and generally add 3-4 weeks minimum to it as a guide to real world timings.  Quickest auto I've grown was about 11 weeks, but most of mine go 13-14

End of the day it's your call.  She's got plenty of amber, so if you're desperate for some stash flush and harvest, if not, see what she does with more time.

:peace:

End of the day it's your call.  She's got plenty of amber, so if you're desperate for some stash flush and harvest, if not, see what she does with more time.

:peace:

This is why I mentioned the method I did. I doubt Bob will follow anyone's advice here, and will end up pulling it when he's ready. lol

No offense intended, Bob. :)