Got my recirculating system working

brurdy

You make a lot of good points Indy, I grow in the shed,couldn't bring it inside because my grandkids would find it , my daughters don't know about them,I also installed a circuit board in the shed with the grow on 1 circuit breaker,the power boards are 15 amp so any draw higher than this will trip the power board,

If I didn't own the house I would be growing in the bush, I realise a lot a people don't own and rent but seriously if you are in a flat, or medium density housing indoors probably shouldn't be on your radar

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Everything Indy said, +1

Being in a rental I can't really go getting an independent circuit put in, so what I've done is splice into the Air Con dedicated circuit and breaker, on the basis that we only run the AC during summer which is way too hot to even think about running an indoor grow.  Also grow in the shed and will continue to do so even if all the kids ever do leave home for the same reason as Indy.

Yeah, micmac. That was another defining reason for being out in the shed. Family.

My grows aren't exposed to family members or visitors, It's tucked away in the shed, under lock and key, away from prying eyes.

It sounds like all you Folk are clued onto it as well. Both a 15amp circuit or hook into A/C circuit (when not in use) are good ideas. :)

Edited by Indycar

Yeah Indy me and mate had a really good thing going in house with outdoor grow , seriously I don't know how we got away with it as we lived near a major airport and the police chopper went over every day at least twice.

We built a 10 metre square grow area with 3 metre high fence , the inside had all this silver reflective stuff covering the inside of the walls , we used to grow about 12 to 15 8 foot monsters not tall but very round, a good plant maybe 3 pounds of trimmed bud.

After a few years a few mates clicked on to what we were up, another couple yrs went by all good.

One day about 5 yrs after the beginning we were ripped off, fortunately it was at the end of winter and they only got the plants we were sexing for the coming season as well as all my mates tools ( he was a landscaper).

So not thinking it was any one we knew we decided to go ahead with our annual grow, in January that yr we bought 2 rottie pups all was good , we had to go out one night and when we came back not only had they ripped the crop , took our pups and stole his new tools,

To this day 25 yrs later I still don't know who did it but have never revealed anything about my little hobby to anyone except my wife and have never been ripped since, my mates know I grow but my setup is very well hidden in the garage I have about 10 breeding tanks for my fish in the same space so the running of pumps and fans is not out of the ordinary, and yes it's a very big garage) so they think I grow in the bush behind my place if I haven't known them for 30+ yrs I tell I get it of a another mate

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by micmac

The thing is, Gaz. A known name brand fan running 24/7 can shit itself just as quickly as a $15 one these days. I've spent a small fortune on oscillating fans over the years and found I'm no better off for it. And if you're like most growers that check their grow/s and gear daily it shouldn't pose a problem, as with most fans they die a slow death by slowing down like what appears to have happened to Flubb's fan. When they're like that that, ditch it and get another one.

Unless there's a oscillating fan with a German made Brushless motor in it, I doubt I'll ever throw good money at a expensive fan ever again.

This one is going to a offend a few as well. it's a bit of a dickhead move to be growing within a house, rented, owned or otherwise. Most household's electrical circuits weren't built with the draw a grow setup can pull constantly over time, and if there's a issue with a circuit it could possibly lead to a fire at some stage. Modern homes not such a worry, but a old house with just as old electrical circuits in them are of considerable concern. All my grows have had their own new independent circuit with a breaker installed. That way if it goes down, it doesn't fuck the entire house over. I've lived by the rule of thumb of "never have a grow under the same roof line that you live under". Which basically means all my grows have been out in the yard, in shed's etc.. Simply for the fact I can't afford to have any insurance claim on the house voided because of having a grow setup in it, if something would occur.

Each to their own though.

Indy its not how a fan dies mate its how it gets there, if the fan has fallen over or something has fallen onto the fan and it stops the blade this doesn't stop the electricity flowing thru the motor it continues to try and move the fan blade burning off electricity this is converted into heat and that heat can melt the fan and cause a fire this is why u should leave the safety cage on the fan its not there to look pretty it has a actual job that be if it falls over or something falls onto the fan it will continue to operate

Edited by Gazza2001au

Indy its not how a fan dies mate its how it gets there, if the fan has fallen over or something has fallen onto the fan and it stops the blade this doesn't stop the electricity flowing thru the motor it continues to try and move the fan blade burning off electricity this is converted into heat and that heat can melt the fan and cause a fire this is why u should leave the safety cage on the fan its not there to look pretty it has a actual job that be if it falls over or something falls onto the fan it will continue to operate

What's causing the fan to fall over and/or fowl up the blades, Gaz.

And if this rare scenario was to occur, what advantages does a expensive fan have over a cheap arse $15 fan?

• Upvote 1