Hey guys second grow need some help much appreciated :) ?

So guys. I grew 3 plants last year. turned male. The other turned male then female. The one that turned female created alot of seeds. These are the seeds i have saved for this grow. I have started to germinate. Left in glass of water for 24hrs. And then the wet paper towel trick for another 24 hrs. Out of 5 seeds none of them grew a little stem to have ready to plant in soil. Is there anything i have done wrong here can anyone help?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

It's sounds like the plant you had was hermie, unfortunately if this was indeed the case seeds are not going to be a really viable strain, a good percentage of those will also be hermie, I have never heard of a male plant turning female, the rest of those seeds will be male or female, your chance of growing a pure female are a lot lower than from female that is germinated with a pure male plant, any breeder would try to eliminate this trait from his plants by not using those seeds

As to the cracking of the seeds are u keeping them warm

So guys. I grew 3 plants last year. turned male. The other turned male then female. The one that turned female created alot of seeds. These are the seeds i have saved for this grow. I have started to germinate. Left in glass of water for 24hrs. And then the wet paper towel trick for another 24 hrs. Out of 5 seeds none of them grew a little stem to have ready to plant in soil. Is there anything i have done wrong here can anyone help?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

hi chile, im no expert mate and im sure u will get the help soon enough. ur germination method sounds fine, could of left them in the paper towel longer maybe? from what ur saying tho... are these hermie seeds ur trying to grow?

I have almost no experience with germinating but I will tell you what I just did.

I tried my first seed in paper towel. Inside near the aircon which is on mostly night when it's cold. 2,3,4 days. Nothing. It wasn't warm enough. Next I tried paper towel in a snap lock bag on top of my router in the study. The router kept it warm and the snap lock bag kept it moist. 48 hours later, little head of root came out. Following morning so about at 60 hours, nice little tap root. That same day at night, 72 hours, normal tap root size. Nice and long. Anything like a DVD player, vcr, something warm but not hot.

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

48 hrs should see most seeds at least starting to crack open, though some can take longer.  Most seeds will take 3 days or so to have tails of any significance out.  Once they've been trying to germ for a week with no action is when I start to give up on them, so maybe a bit more patience is all they need.

Having a little trouble understanding your seed history, if it was 2 males and one female and you didn't remove the males in time, then you should be fine.  If the seeds came from a plant that initially had male flowers then female, then it was indeed a hermaphrodite and that trait will be passed on.  In that case, bin the whole project and get some good seeds or you'll just be growing seeds.

:peace:

• Upvote 1

I've had 100% success rate so far and I have geminated about 30 or so seeds. I have had seeds crack in like 12 hrs before..  All I do it put it in a glass of tap water don't adjust ph or anything, leave it in a dark, warm place..  

You can leave them in water for up to 72 hours without a problem.. :) if they haven't cracked after that transfer to paper towel and snap bag. use the cup water to wet towel and make sure you blow into the bag and seal it..  leave for up to a week.. after that you can assume it's not going to crack.. 

Peace