GREENERY IMPROVES THE SCENERY

Hey Bob everyone is pretty good here we can't complain and its finally raining so things are looking up garden wise, isnt it amazing what a little bit of rain can do,I love nature lol keep trying different ways you'll get there with your oil bob ,I'm also trying some different strains this year and hopefully will get some good results but time will tell I guess,I'm excited about what I've got going on in my garden this year it should be a good season but it all depends on the weather and elements,every year is different when it comes to outdoors that's half the excitement or fear of the unknown which ever way you look at it lol hope your family is all well to bob

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Nice to hear about the rain GQ. Shocking about the town water. I got the impression that rain water doesn’t have a lot of nitrogen in it but I believe thunderstorms produce more nitrogen. Maybe we have a doctor Phil science dude on here that could elaborate.

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

Micmac I don't care what any text book says about rain water it is the best IMO and I've only got to look at my garden to see the difference it makes and for humans our skin is softer and hair us shinier and our bodies feel healthier and teeth are whiter and I'm sorry if others disagree about this one but I've done my own testing on this one and my mind is made up,nothing else compares to rain water,things maybe a bit different indoors but as far as everything else goes nothing compares to rain water

• Upvote 1

yep rain water is def the way to go , in short , nitrogen in the air , electrical charge from lighting = N in your plants 

there's 2 issues with rain water though , one is storage , larger tanks generally are enclosed = got a lid 

& shear volume keeps contaminates low , unless some rodent gets in & drowns = that's not good 

but backyards often have small home made tanks without a lid , water is the best & breaking things down 

not the fastest but def the best & mozzies love still water , so open collection tanks are open to contamination 

even by a windy day , not to mention bird poo & other shit on collection roofs & spouting's 

in a 50 thousand gallon tank 1 part per million or billion is the proverbial bee's dick , the same amount of contamination in a 250lt tank is a lill different

for those with small water tanks i suggest keeping your water bubbling via air lift if you can but air stones will do , just need to keep them clean 

once bubbling anytime you see foam , you can assume your water is contaminated , plain bubbling water will not create foam & mozzies won't lay eggs on moving water 

the bubbling will keep the water aerated but only to the point the atmosphere allows , 

if my rain water is foaming i'll use half or quater RO to add clean water & decrease the foam ( smaller amount of contaminate ), RO systems are very wasteful & also considered dead water 

there was a study done that showed rain water forming arty shapes when frozen , looking under a microscope , RO did not form jack when frozen , & some how from there they concluded

rain water to be alive & RO was dead , 

I'm making a pro & con choice , use tap = chems or RO = dead , am i over reacting = maybe , unfortunately or fortunately for me i trust mother nature 

to do the right thing B4 a man in a white coat & his chems   

Edited by itchybromusic

Always down to earth and spot on with your little stories GQ. I’m with you. I only raised the question because if I seasol my veggie garden then get 100mm of solid rain in 2 days, will the plants be high on nitrogen and no doubt some plants would be happy and others not so happy. Was just curious how it works.

Wow itchy. I can see you have a detailed wealth of knowledge in that head of yours. In this house we don’t have tank or stored water so contamination isn’t an issue. It’s only what directly comes from the sky onto the plants at the time is all my concern. Question for you though mate. If i want to collect some rain water in some tubs or buckets, does it keep ok or does it change its chemical composition over time? Evaporation etc. Ahhh so it’s the ole’ lightning nitrogen air trick lol

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

Yup, tank water all the way for me. Kids refuse to drink town water, so have to pack them off to school with water from home, otherwise they come home frothing at the mouth with dehydration lol. Never had a problem with contamination.....25000L house tank and one on the shed. Switch between the 2. Ph fairly neutral, if a little acidic. Green frogs love our pipes. Gotta trust a frog!

water is water 

one way of change is if something is added , leaves , dust , the rust of a tin can , degradation of plastics 

use food grade plastics as a container , second hand plastic 44gal drums are cheap on ebay , check if they spray 

them out B4 selling to you & use your smell to help choose one , then give them a good rinse out when you get it home  

you will def loose water to evap but that won't change the structure of water although air in water can be diminished 

without it being reintroduced in some way like a flowing stream would be aerated by constant movement 

frogs , although prob not great in ya pipes are a dam good sign that things are healthy , they are very sensitive 

to the world around them , slight change to the negative & there out of there , i think frogs can breathe through their skin ????

Yep if you look after your roof and tank and seal off any areas the rodents and mozzies can get in and everything should be good as gold,we've got a local green tree frog that lives in some old pipes that are no longer connected to the house i deliberately left them there just for frogs and and other small animals to live in,haven't seen frog for a few months but with this rain he may come for a visit