When I bought my solar system 550 , the guy at the hydro shop told me ; the best thing about this light ; you can use it from start to finish .. I know better than to listen to hydro shop salesmen , I think they'll tell you anything to sell a good , or bad , piece of equipment ..

Through-out my readings and watching of YouTube videos I noticed a lot of Fluro's used at the beginning .. clones and from seed ..

I guess my question is ; what is everyone's experience with Fluro lights ? Does anyone have success with clones and seeds using LED's?

I bought a small veg tent .. (1.2x60x1.2) specifically for germinating and vegging , LST'ing , etc ..

I got this Fluro T5 panel too .. any thoughts ? I'm hoping I can use this set up for the first month , just before I put them under the SS550. Do you guys think the transition between the 2 will be ok ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated ..

I'm so close to starting everything .. I'm actually pretty excited !

Edit: admin thank you for moving to lighting .. [emoji1362]

a62eb24027c202e7928ef140d27095ee.jpg

8476f80e1341452f2d3d88eec28addb2.jpg2ac5d57eb988749db7b15af9320bd6b4.jpg0fb83653871793a8480d442d7b85ed70.jpg

Edited by Jim420

Hey jim, that is a sweet t5 set-up u got there mate

Hav'nt got the exp of a lot of others here, but i wack e/thing under a 4 panel of high output t5's as soon as beans poke their little heads up

In the same closet got a 800w led coblight on the older plants

So far no issues with seedlings or bigger plants. The led suspended above the t5's so maybe blocks it a little from seedlings

As they get bigger i just move em across to access full led as they are already used to it

T5's are a thing of beauty 

cheers    bob

I'm planning on doing the same. get a veg tent with a t5 in it. I've read heaps of good shit about it. That's all you need for veg. I want to have a perpetual grow going. Got a few mates using that and it's been great. Imo

What total watt you got on your t5?

They're 24w each , so 144w all up ..

Hav'nt got the exp of a lot of others here, but i wack e/thing under a 4 panel of high output t5's as soon as beans poke their little heads up

So far no issues with seedlings or bigger plants. The led suspended above the t5's so maybe blocks it a little from seedlings

As they get bigger i just move em across to access full led as they are already used to it

cheers bob

Thanks bob..

I don't know if I'd have room to hang my LED above the T5 . Also the the T5 is a lot bigger then the SS550 .. I guess I could do that the first time in the large tent ?

I want to do a 2 tent grow , 2 month cycle..

Currently looking to add a hi - par 315 LEC to the SS 550.

I'm just hoping all the different lights don't affect the girls ?

My T5 is 144w .. do you think I should start it off on a lower wattage , ie , turn a few Fluros off for seedlings or just have em all turned on ?

Edited by Jim420

I've been using T5's for vegging for slightly over a year; they are great for veg. I don't flower with them tho.

I've got the 8 and the 2 light t-5 set up.

the plants can be as close as an inch from the light w/o burning, tho the t-5's do put of some heat esp the 8light one

I didn't realise they put heat out ? People have them so close their little plants ? Or are you talking about hot air that rises in the tent and needs to be expelled ? Sorry for the noob questions .. haha

I didn't realise they put heat out ? People have them so close their little plants ? Or are you talking about hot air that rises in the tent and needs to be expelled ? Sorry for the noob questions .. haha

When compared to a 600watt HID the t-5's put out very little heat, but yes, they release a little heat.

Touching the lights will kill the part of the plant that is doing the touching.

and yup, hot air rises so that 'small amount of heat needs to be expelled

never be sorry for asking questions!

When compared to a 600watt HID the t-5's put out very little heat, but yes, they release a little heat.

Touching the lights will kill the part of the plant that is doing the touching.

and yup, hot air rises so that 'small amount of heat needs to be expelled

never be sorry for asking questions!

So even in the small veg tent , I need some kind of extraction fan.. shit, I thought, I'd thought of everything .. I'm gonna need some tubing I guess .. maybe split it somehow with fan from the big tent ..

cheers bob

Sorry bob, I think I misunderstood. You have the cob on one side and the T5 on the other side , all in the same space yeah ?

My big tents 2.4 long so I guess that's an option in the beginning . I was gonna do that before but after thinking about the oscillating house fan and dehumidifier I decided to get a second tent . I don't want it to be too crowded in there ..

Edited by Jim420