Hey hashy and ............. . Don't know if I got enough dots but what brand premium soil do you recommend for seedling and then veg etc.

I'm not the man to ask about soil, I'm close to useless with it.  When I use it I use Searles Premium Potting Mix amended with roughly 40% coco/perlite and feed with weak coco nutes, works well enough but a quality soil mix made by someone in the know would be a much better option.

I like this soil mix if you have some time to mix it... Then you can get away with only water for the whole cycle if you really wanted to, or, you could go and top dress a few ammendments once a week to get better results.. Itchybromusic is the soil man, im sure he will chime in soon ;)

Clackamas Cootz’s (Super Soil) Mix

Base mix:

1. 1/3 sphagnum peat moss

2. 1/3 aeration (perlite, pumice, lava rock, rice hulls, etc.)

3. 1/3 HIGH QUALITY compost and/or worm casting

To every 1 cubic foot (~7.5 gallons) of the base mix add :

1. 1/2 cup kelp meal

2. 1/2 cup crab shell meal

3. 1/2 cup neem or karanja cake

4. 1 cup gypsum

5. 1 cup CaCO3 (oyster shell flour, dolomite lime, calcitic lime, etc.)

6. 4-5 cups rock dust per cf Rock dust should be super fine: the consistency of flour.

That’s it! The key here is quality compost/worm castings. That is the LIVING part that makes this whole soil mix work. So it must be HIGH QUALITY. Water with dechlorinated water and you are set!! No pHing, no checking the TDS of run off, no cal/mag, no BS!

• Upvote 2

I like this soil mix if you have some time to mix it... Then you can get away with only water for the whole cycle if you really wanted to, or, you could go and top dress a few ammendments once a week to get better results.. Itchybromusic is the soil man, im sure he will chime in soon ;)

Clackamas Cootz’s (Super Soil) Mix

Base mix:

1. 1/3 sphagnum peat moss

2. 1/3 aeration (perlite, pumice, lava rock, rice hulls, etc.)

3. 1/3 HIGH QUALITY compost and/or worm casting

To every 1 cubic foot (~7.5 gallons) of the base mix add :

1. 1/2 cup kelp meal

2. 1/2 cup crab shell meal

3. 1/2 cup neem or karanja cake

4. 1 cup gypsum

5. 1 cup CaCO3 (oyster shell flour, dolomite lime, calcitic lime, etc.)

6. 4-5 cups rock dust per cf Rock dust should be super fine: the consistency of flour.

That’s it! The key here is quality compost/worm castings. That is the LIVING part that makes this whole soil mix work. So it must be HIGH QUALITY. Water with dechlorinated water and you are set!! No pHing, no checking the TDS of run off, no cal/mag, no BS!

thanks Q , yep i like soil but also like this quote i heard today

The Greatest obstacle To Discovery 

Is Not Ignorance 

It Is The Illusion Of Knowledge !  

hey that looks like the soil mix i use , you reading the same shit as me or something Q lol
Ps don't forget the bio-char :)

hard to go in to a established area with foreign soil , amendments & a plant & do well , not that you can't do well
just i would consider not putting all the eggs in one basket / plot so to speak 

i would look at what you have round the plot , your looking for compost natural to the area , you want the stuff at the bottom 
of a pile , that's moist & partly broken down . mix that in to soil already in place in your plot & plant a green manure cover crop 

when you come to plant , chop or mulch the cover crop on top & add plenty of local mulch to the top of that , browns & greens 
the mulch layer will feed worms , attract soil life & turn the mulch into castings / food for your plant while aerating the soil as the
worms move in , out  , up & down 

use as much local as you can & introduce minimal to the area , the plant will already standout like a sore thumb to the local 
soil food web 

just my opinion & i'm am not a gorilla grower  
  • Upvote 1

So anyone use canna Terra professional outdoors before?

What nutes did you use?

Do you need to ph test?

Did you need to add extra perlite?

Was it a good product?

yep i've used it outdoors 

at the time biocanna 

na

na they have designed it pretty well , no need to add anything to the mix 

get some castings &/or compost for regular top dressings , in flower castings work like a expensive boost product

when added to the mulch layer 

you can make your own kelp tea very easy , 1 & 1/4 teaspoons of kelp per liter left to sit for 24hrs with a bit of a shake every now & then  

when ready strain out the kelp & add 15ml per liter of aloe & as per directions , add silica as well , can use for foliar  or drench 

& don't be shy & mulch or use a living mulch 

BTW the lill mix above is a natural homemade cloning solution , both kelp & aloe have all the rooting hormones found in gels on the shelf 

except for the nasty man made one , IAA i think it's called , the addition of silica should help with any damping off  

the downside to the canna , i think this is correct 

canna terra is imported so it go's though a process of making sure everything in that bag is dead  (via light i think & not chemical)  

B4 being used anywhere here , because of poss contamination 

on one hand this is not what you want , however that does not mean it can't be re inoculated with the locals 

Edited by itchybromusic

yep i've used it outdoors

at the time biocanna

na

na they have designed it pretty well , no need to add anything to the mix

get some castings &/or compost for regular top dressings , in flower castings work like a expensive boost product

when added to the mulch layer

you can make your own kelp tea very easy , 1 & 1/4 teaspoons of kelp per liter left to sit for 24hrs with a bit of a shake every now & then

when ready strain out the kelp & add 15ml per liter of aloe & as per directions , add silica as well , can use for foliar or drench

& don't be shy & mulch or use a living mulch

BTW the lill mix above is a natural homemade cloning solution , both kelp & aloe have all the rooting hormones found in gels on the shelf

except for the nasty man made one , IAA i think it's called , the addition of silica should help with any damping off

Thanks itchy bro. I thought biocanna and canna Terra pro were 2 different products. So its been replaced. You know of any good super soil mixes. I want a decent soil grow this season.

Thanks for your help brother

the downside to the canna , i think this is correct

canna terra is imported so it go's though a process of making sure everything in that bag is dead (via light i think & not chemical)

B4 being used anywhere here , because of poss contamination

on one hand this is not what you want , however that does not mean it can't be re inoculated with the locals

That's a shame. In that case. Do you know of any other good soil I could try. Preferably a super soil but as long as its a decent soil