First grow - Humidity too high

PIGUNIT

According to this article and chart:

http://hightimes.com/grow/harrys-world-understanding-vapor-pressure-deficit/

My VDP is spot on. My seedlings @ 29c and 69 percent humidity. 

Very confusing for a rookie grower as I have just read 'How to grow elite Marijuana' and  "Marijuana horticulture' written by expert growers and recommended reading both putting my humidity in the too high bracket.

i've been growing for a minute 

& i struggle to understand & explain it but one of the things i've noticed is the meter that gives you the reading 

how accurate is it ? 

when i first stated playing with VPD my plants looked shyte , & i gave up 

but have come to realize maybe the meter was the problem , saying 60 or 70% when it was really 70 to 80% & 2 high 

if you've read that book , i don't know it but stick to it , better to stick to a plan that you have reference for in the book 

lots of growers , lots of opinions 

According to this article and chart:

http://hightimes.com/grow/harrys-world-understanding-vapor-pressure-deficit/

My VDP is spot on. My seedlings @ 29c and 69 percent humidity.

Very confusing for a rookie grower as I have just read 'How to grow elite Marijuana' and "Marijuana horticulture' written by expert growers and recommended reading both putting my humidity in the too high bracket.

ine thing I noticed outside is in summer more rain more humidity at higher temps and the more growth some of my best years were summers with above average rainfall and high temps meant bigger harvest unless the rain came in flowering sometimes ending in disaster then

I'll be honest it took me about 3 months to start to line up all the stars and was also very confused and even thought about chucking it in and waiting for summer , but as soon as I learnt how the keep my tent under control it sort all fell together

Edited by micmac

i've been growing for a minute 

& i struggle to understand & explain it but one of the things i've noticed is the meter that gives you the reading 

how accurate is it ? 

when i first stated playing with VPD my plants looked shyte , & i gave up 

but have come to realize maybe the meter was the problem , saying 60 or 70% when it was really 70 to 80% & 2 high 

if you've read that book , i don't know it but stick to it , better to stick to a plan that you have reference for in the book 

lots of growers , lots of opinions 

The hydrometer is a cheap Chinese model but I have referenced it against bom the last couple of days at different times outside the grow tent and its spot on probably less than 1 percent margin of error. I'm thinking my issue at this point (if there is one at all haha) is I just need more airflow.

The hydrometer is a cheap Chinese model but I have referenced it against bom the last couple of days at different times outside the grow tent and its spot on probably less than 1 percent margin of error. I'm thinking my issue at this point (if there is one at all haha) is I just need more airflow.

def need plenty of airflow , doesn't have to be turbo wind but plenty of air movement is a good thing 

Pigunit u can use a bigger fan but u need to remember if your in a shed and bom reads 85% humidity outside that is what it will be reading inside your tent because your venting all that humid air thru your tent

u could try running your lights during the day than run a dehumidifier at night with the exhaust fan shut off but u would have to work something out to control smell and also vent your tent within the shed and run the de-humd inside the shed