1st grow in 22 years

Homebrewer

Question

Hi all, how times have changed. In short I'm back in the game after a long stint off the gear which caused long term paranoia and anxiety.

Have just germinated 4 high CBD low thc seeds in jiffy pots and am about to transplant into 19 ltr fabric pots under 315 lec cmh 18/6 schedule.

Using 70/30 Coco perlite medium and got hy-gen single part nutrient and budlink.

The strain is rqs fast eddy auto fem. Probably not the best choice but I am very sensitive to thc so went for a low strain 10% thc.

Hopefully I won't make too many stuff ups.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by Homebrewer
  • Upvote 1

Good luck with your grow HB. Pretty keen to see how you go with high CBD smoke, I'm currently on my 2nd high CBD experiment after enjoying the 1st, and am growing a more CBD rich one to see if I like it even more. Good to see others playing around in this area.

:peace:

What strain and breeder did you use?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

1st one was CBD Critical Cure , Barneys Farm from memory but I believe it was a collaboration between them and another breeder.

Current one is Nightingale by Medical Marijuana Genetics.  Still growing so I don't know what it will be like, but the CCC was supposed to be between 1:1 -1.5:1 CBD/THC, and whilst you could still feel THC effects and get "normally" stoned it was a very mellow stone, quite relaxing with decent pain relief etc, but despite being Indica dom it seemed to make it harder for me to get to sleep????

Nightingale is supposed to be up to 20% CBD and 2:1 CBD/THC, and also Indica dom.  Seems to be more and more choices coming up from breeders on this front every year, so hopefully it won't be long until stable very high CBD, low THC strains are available in decent numbers.

Good luck with your grow HB.  Pretty keen to see how you go with high CBD smoke, I'm currently on my 2nd high CBD experiment after enjoying the 1st, and am growing a more CBD rich one to see if I like it even more.  Good to see others playing around in this area.

How did you find the cbd ?interested to know your thoughts 

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/70105-mr-tommy-mr-marin-grow-some-bean-trees/page-62

Post 617, in amongst a couple of others I did a review of it, it's the CBD Critical Cure.  That's gonna be a better description than my memory :D

It also sorta confirmed my suspicions about a couple of other strains I'd grown before being high in CBD based on the stone, Hindu Kush being a prime example, but the CCC was much more pronounced.  Hoping the Nightingale I'm growing now is higher again in CBD so I have a better idea if it's worth trying to chase down something more extreme in the future, figure if I'm gonna use medicinally I might as well chase down a better understanding of what works best for what.