Ready to flush?

Flush ASAP, then rip it. The longer you leave it growing the more seeds will develop.

Take a smaller bud and roll it firmly between your fingers. Can you feel hard lumps? those lumps are seeds. No lumps, then you've been lucky. But don't risk it by leaving it too much longer, flush and rip. IMO

It needs a flush or the smoke will be harsh. I have in the past got away with a the pump running constant for 3 days, changing the water twice per day, once in the AM and once in the PM, but I'd personally say 3 days is a minimum for your flush.

A mate of mine told me it had turned on me so what do I do in this situation?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Your mate is not exactly correct.  Most canna plants if left long enough into flower will start pushing out nana's like what's in that 1st pic, and it's a completely different thing to turning hermaphrodite, it's just a last ditch effort to make another generation.  I've had some strains start pushing them out from as early as 5-6 weeks, and because I like to over mature my buds most of mine will push a few out by harvest time.  I used to freak out over them, but have never had them cause any problems for me, so I just don't give a shit when I see them anymore.  Theory is that they produce feminised pollen, but I tried collecting them once and couldn't get any seeds from using them, so another theory that they are often sterile is the one I go with.

If, on the other hand, you see any balls come out and open up, that's a proper male flower and will mean that you do have a hermie, in which case you want to cull or separate immediately.  But as long as you only find them looking like that, just let her ripen up to full maturity and enjoy how much better she will turn out.

• Upvote 1

I have come across the hermi sign many times its nothing really, your too late into flower for it to produce any seeds u probably have a couple weeks left before harvest in that time if it does self pollinate it wont have enough time to grow seeds as it takes up to 2 weeks for the pollen to work

u can with tweezers pick off those banana's and they can pollinate if u see the banana's earlier i have had buds self pollinate but i have only ended up with a few seeds in the buds nothing like a full blown hermi where u have hundreds of seeds produced

I'd let her go another 2 weeks she is right at that time where the "beaks" (calyx) swell, if u harvest now u will have airy buds and not much weight