That's a wicked bowl there, OMD. Great centre piece for parties, etc. It be interesting to know what timber it's made out of because it has a nice grain and colour to it. B)

Here's my daily, I turned it down in the mid-90's out of a old oregon post (100x100mm) I reclaimed from a job site. I turned down about 3 on day and settled on this one because I made the others a little too deep and found it a bit cumbersome to get crumbs out of the bottom of the bowl. This one, the bowl is about 35-40mm and It doesn't stand much taller than a BIC lighter.

post-10745-0-18156100-1508538554_thumb.jpg

She's a no frills bowl, that never got finished off with a proper sand or painting/sealing. Btw, that's natural build up in the bowl and it's never been scrapped clean. It doesn't seem to build up layers of resin like you would think. I've been meaning to turn down one out of a mango timber for a few years now as I've heard it can have good colour, grain and is reasonable soft to work with.

• Upvote 1

Nice selection there, Sooty. :D

What are they?

couldn't really tell u indy, the darker stuff is outdoor seedy gear but smokes good and the light coloured stuff is from a mate, think it was grown indoors. was given a cpl oz of the dark stuff so occasionally mix it with better stuff to change things up [emoji106]

ur bowl looks very cool indy.. good job

• Upvote 1

Nothing wrong with making your own blends up from time to time, mate. I use to do it quite often with the old 3 paper Tally-Ho joint I'd roll up. :)

Story Time: I was laid up in the PA Hospital with a couple of busted up legs after a motorbike accident and a old GF bought me in a small block of hash. I had no way of smoking it so I tucked it away for safe keeping. Anyway, about a week later I met this other bloke in the ward who found himself in a similar situation as myself. We got talking and he mentioned he had some buds dropped into him as well. So from then on we devised this plan to roll a big fat one and head down to the Nurse's Quarters in our Wheelchairs to blow this joint with the intentions to heading back up to the ward to polish over a bottle of Bundy that my Step-Mum dropped in.

Anyway, we blew this hash and heads joint that soon thereafter left us severely smashed. It took us about us about half an hour to get our shit together, only to find we had to wheel ourselves back up this bloody huge hill. It wasn't long, but it was steep. So here we are smashed out of our trees, trying to keep a straight face while trying to keep the paranoia at bay, and concentrate on the task at hand . It's safe to say we didn't fair too well as it took us another half hour to conquer it, while constantly having Nurses and others asking if we'd like a hand back up the hill, to which we constantly replied, thanks but no thanks.

So we finally make it up to the foyer, to the elevators and head back up to the ward. We were still fairly messed up at that stage, and parted ways once we exited the the lift and went straight back to our beds. So the bottle of Bundy survived another night. I didn't catch up with the bloke until the following day and had a good laugh about it then, we both learnt a lesson from that day. :D

• Upvote 1