Vaping with bags

Never used bags, but always wondered that the vapour should revert to liquid or solid after cooling, which would require a fairly quick usage?  Not great at science, but know just enough to be left wondering about that.

Also wonder what would happen if you plugged a whip into a distillery style cooler doobie, if you would then collect high strength canna liquid at the other end?  That could be pretty cool for making edibles and drinks possibly, if it worked.  My little portable vape is manual draw, but if I ever get a desktop vape I'll be dodging up an attempt out of curiousity :D

:peace:

Have you folks tried any of the DDave mods? Apparently getting the herb closer to the heating element it works a lot better.

https://www.ddavemods.com/store/c2/Arizer_EQ_%26_VTower_Vaporizer_Mods.html

Interesting zeuss... thanks for that info.  Found the adapter on ebay for only $18 so I've ordered one to give it a try...  I wonder how many times I'll burn my fingers without the silicone protection lol lol

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Glass-Adapter-18mm-F-Female-to-18mm-F-Female-Arizer-Extreme-Q-V-Tower-DDave-Mod-/142239313106?hash=item211e1facd2:g:oMoAAOSwux5YLPy5  on ebay 

On the subject of vaping temp... I use whip and water filter, not bags, but I always used to vape at 200 degrees.   More recently, I've found if I start at 200 and crank it up to 220 or even 230 I get way more of a hit :D :D  anyone else find that?

I wonder how many times I'll burn my fingers without the silicone protection lol lol

I ordered one of these little gadgets to hold the super hot glass bits, Hasn't arrived as yet but should do the job, at $1.30 doesn't really matter lol

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Clamp-Heating-Glass-Tube-Tongs-Supplies-Lab-Test-Tube-Holder-Sprung-Tool-BDAU/362068516922?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

On the subject of vaping temp... I use whip and water filter, not bags, but I always used to vape at 200 degrees.   More recently, I've found if I start at 200 and crank it up to 220 or even 230 I get way more of a hit :D :D  anyone else find that?

I have been using 210 degrees and it works well but not getting the nice flavors so was thinking about dropping it a bit tonight. 20 maybe 200 and see if that makes any diff, all good fun experimenting tho.

On the subject of vaping temp... I use whip and water filter, not bags,

Mate what is the water filter that you are using? could you tell us a bit more about that? my lungs are pretty rooted which is the main reason i changed to the Vape but i still get a bit of irritation, more so if the temps are fairly high and was reading about folks connecting the bong to the Vape to try and mellow it a bit more so was thinking about trying that also.

Cheers

Z

I guess each vape varies a bit with temps, because if I amp mine up to 200c or above, it'll actually burn the plant matter and end up as blackish ash. It'll just handle 195c, but found 185c seems the magic number with my Extreme Q.

It'll be interesting to see what others find as their optimum temp range. :)

Hey Indy,

That's really interesting... maybe the temperature on the Q's is not all that accurate??  Even at 230 degrees, I get no burnt plant matter... the AVB always tips out a light golden brown.  My Q is several years old now though and I regularly leave it on for 14 hours a day or more so it's probably worn out lol

Hey Indy,

That's really interesting... maybe the temperature on the Q's is not all that accurate??  Even at 230 degrees, I get no burnt plant matter... the AVB always tips out a light golden brown.  My Q is several years old now though and I regularly leave it on for 14 hours a day or more so it's probably worn out lol

Ahh OK... Mine is the version 2 model, I got just as it was released on the Aussie market, and from memory they tweaked the internals a bit from the previous one and gave it a darker stainless steel sleeve that slips over it.

Sounds like yours has lasted well, mate. :)

EDIT: Found a bit more info about them. Extreme Vaporizer

Edited by Indycar

Mate what is the water filter that you are using? could you tell us a bit more about that? my lungs are pretty rooted which is the main reason i changed to the Vape but i still get a bit of irritation, more so if the temps are fairly high and was reading about folks connecting the bong to the Vape to try and mellow it a bit more so was thinking about trying that also.
Cheers
Z

Hey Zeuss, my lungs can't handle the particulate in the vapor... I actually found it really hard to convert from smoking to vaping because of that.

The solution for me, was filtering the vapor.  It's quite gratifying to see the micro particles that get filtered out...  

This is my old setup with a cheap ass water pipe off dhgate.  And it worked very nicely, I even replaced the water pipe when I broke it a while back...   med_gallery_58590_1692_926101.jpg

But then one day, it occurred to me that the whip elbow was a standard ground glass joint that would fit in my other bong lol lol  (A bigger and better cheap arse bong from dhgate lol lol)  

And I find that this one draws a lot easier.  I don't understand the physics of that, but maybe a bigger bong is better.  Maybe the whip length affects the difficulty of the draw as well??  Would love anyone to chime in that understands this shit.

med_gallery_58590_1692_3196910.jpg

And I don't like bags... feel like a tard sucking out of one lol lol

Ahh OK... Mine is the version 2 model, I got just as it was released on the Aussie market, and from memory they tweaked the internals a bit from the previous one and gave it a darker stainless steel sleeve that slips over it.

Sounds like yours has lasted well, mate. :)

EDIT: Found a bit more info about them. Extreme Vaporizer

Yeah, they're a solid unit.  I've been more than happy with it.  My only complaint being the warm up time... hence leaving it on nearly 24/7 lol lol

This after vaping at 230 degrees...  med_gallery_58590_1692_52015.jpg