Heating a Grow tent in Winter

Hi,

My grow tent is 1.2mx1.2mx2m high currently growing in an uninsulated double garage and consequently the cold environment has stunted their growth. My question is how many watts of heat would I need to heat my grow tent comfortably. I found a mini oil heater that fits perfectly it is a 600w oil heater. Would this be enough to heat the space and keep it warm while the extraction fan is on?post-60386-150205125187_thumb.jpg

b6f012ea05ffc0464d118219626aa23b.jpg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Wouldn't a 400w hps or even 600 give enough light and heat,are you using LEDs?,and lower your extraction and air movement, but add a co2 system to compensate,I do this in winter to bring heat up,I should add I have my lights off in the day.

I run my lights (400w Hps) at night from 17:30 to 06:30 temps sit @ 20-25, outside of the tent 10-13, however lights off 7-9. I have an electric blanket between the tent floor and spill tray to keep the roots warm but its not enough hence needing extra heat

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

If you're running lights overnight and getting temps 20-25, then that's fine.  Going by your name, and your stated ambient temps at night, I'm assuming you are on the coast and not in Southern Tasmania, so I'm not seeing how you should need to be worried about bringing heat into the tent???  Lights on temps are fine, and lights off during the day on the coast should also be fine.  I'm inland and our winter temps are consistently lower than the coast, and I've never had any problems over winter running lights at night and off during the day, if anything it works out beautifully.  The plants will do better with lower temps during lights off, provided the roots don't get exceedingly cold.

And I've got to say that the idea of an electric blanket underneath pots that have water put into them is a bit scary to me, simple rule I go by is nothing electrical on the floor of the tent.

:peace:

• Upvote 1