New Mars Hydro LED Cob

Light is 108 watt uses CREE and OSRAM chips price will be $250 USD but they are not currently set on that price it may be lower, light covers 2.5x2.5 foot, uses MeanWell driver

108w x 4 = 432 watts to replace a 1000w HID light over 5x5 foot tent not bad if it actually works!

no fan means the light is totally silent and u can angle it at any degree

post-2209-0-51769000-1502059329_thumb.png

post-2209-0-81343200-1502059355_thumb.png

post-2209-0-81392500-1502059366_thumb.png

this is what im sussing out

uses CXB3590 and meanwell drivers  i've already purchased one of the single cobs so i can test it out. it lists some good quality parts and the price reflects that, theres a few videos of them testing it also on youtube so it seems pretty legit.

thinking 2 of the singles are better then the double though since on the double its spread out pretty far, with 2 singles you can get them closer and move them around easier

this is what im sussing out

uses CXB3590 and meanwell drivers  i've already purchased one of the single cobs so i can test it out. it lists some good quality parts and the price reflects that, theres a few videos of them testing it also on youtube so it seems pretty legit.

Be wary - that's expensive for what is really according to the specs: 4.Wall Draw Power: 65W - enough for a bucket but you'll want more in a tent

These "36W" bulbs (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/361934813772?var=631198385314) draw 25 actual watts each and fit a screw base - be warned they're huge. They use relatively efficient 5730 SMD chips and once you cut off the diffusers they seem to work pretty well and generate little heat. You could get 100W actual for about AU$70 delivered plus some scavenged e27 lamp bases, wiring and tinkering.

Edited by doctor_nelson