nematodes from the good bug shop

Yeah, the inlet is a 40cm bathroom exhaust fan, got a fly screen covering it

Probably done more damage fixing the little fuckers up, than leaving them alone, lol

only going thru strains trying to find a good one at the moment, not worried about yield or looks

i got these intake filters http://www.phreshfilter.com/shop/product/phresh-intake-filters , stops more than just bugs 

i use 2 bathroom exhaust fans mounted to the wall as air intake , they both have a intake filter now 

for every action there's a reaction , i now have to humidify in winter , never had to do that B4 

• Upvote 1

Great thread, these things fixed my gnat problem quick smart. Mind you I only noticed a few but I split half a container over 5 plants and they are completely gone after a few days. Will still use up the rest in a week just incase but yeah well worth it for peace of mind. I'm fairly certain I'm getting gnats in my soil straight up cause I use canna Terra pro and it's full of peat moss.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

good stuff ray 

yep bagged soil products left outdoors , like at bunnings in the garden section with all the plants 

chances are " Would you like some soil with your bugs " :)

also storage of soil once your home , i use plastic food grade 44gal drums with a solid lid 

i empty out the bags in the drum & access it from there & not left in there bags in the garage 

i never seen any gnats B4 i sprayed nematodes & i'm not seeing any now , does that mean i've been protected 

i don't know but , i have none so i can only assume my IPM is working 

Edited by itchybromusic

yeah they can but saving grace at the mo is , it's winter & bug pressure is a lill lower 

than summer bug activities 

plus keep the garage door closed as much as poss if you have unused bags in there

waiting on being mixed

keep in mind , as much as you'd like to know your bagged soil is free of bugs , it's more

of a prob if your going to move indoors to grow , outdoors we have mother natures soil food wed

to keep bugs in check

watering with compost teas or inoculants & not nutrient teas to add as much life into the soil as poss will go along

way to protecting your plant or letting the plant protect herself  

• Upvote 1

Got me some nematodes, got me 20l of diatomaceous earth, got millions of fungus gnats, was an La Nina year last year , we had rain for 6months almost non stop

Had a huge build up of these little flying things, they were annoying enough, now I find out what they are, I got no hope of ever getting rid of them, without moving house.

So its build a new sealed grow room(fuck the tents) get some inlet/outlet filters, run a pressurized room and hope for the best

• Upvote 1

well mate they are good for one month when kept in the fridge

get in early B4 the gnats get a hold

i've never used DE but when you spray the nematodes it would be

best spraying them on to moist soil

not sure how you want to work that , maybe add DE once spraying of nematodes is done in a month

dont know if this helped about a month b4 I started this grow I had the exterminator come he said I won't see any spiders etc in or around the house for 12 mths told him we have a baby in house so he used the same stuff he said he uses on hospitals the only bugs I see are dead ones also we used to get a lot small flying bugs in lawn sprayed malwash on grass soon as it warms up keeps them in check this way

i'm not sure what to say here , i don't want to offend you 

i'm not a fan of using chemicals to control stuff , hospitals have hospital born deceases so i'm not sure 

i'd look at the chems used in hospitals as a good thing for my home , family & kids 

i was diagnosed with crohns decease in 02 , one of the things my reading turned up was the thought

we are too clean , using way to many chems , for all sorts of stuff around the home 

using bleach to clean a floor & a baby who at the start of getting moving lives on the floor  , better to 

use vinegar with a drop or 2 of essential oil as a floor cleaner , will do all the same stuff but not toxic

i would always ask what exactly are you spraying & research the chemicals involved & see if you can't find a more

natural way of control , than using chemicals that in some cases have quite a long half life , in this case 12mths killing bugs 

but poss contaminate yourself for that time as well  , after 12mths the chem will lose it's grip on whatever 

it sprayed on & become possibly airborne , although the chems intensity might have degraded , has it degraded completely ? 

sorry man i don't mean to offend just not a fan of using chems 

Edited by itchybromusic