Not getting much help.

Hey, I'm looking to build a super soil. I'm struggling to find some sense in these forums, can someone please help me with mixing a ratio from the following.

50l of organic potting soil
?? - worm castings
?? - cow manure
?? - blood and bone
?? - mushroom compost
?? - dolomite lime
?? - azomite
?? - epsom salt
?? - humic acid

thanks alot!

Have a look through itchybro's post here: https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/78418-question-about-searles/page-2. There's also links to a place you can buy ssoil online in oz too, can't find that though or remember the name - I'm sure someone else can point you to it.

A super soil is available here https://www.organicgardeningsolutions.com.au/products/super-soil-compost-mix but I think I'd prefer this one here https://www.organicgardeningsolutions.com.au/products/coots-compost-mix

• Upvote 1

Hey, I'm looking to build a super soil. I'm struggling to find some sense in these forums, can someone please help me with mixing a ratio from the following.

50l of organic potting soil

?? - worm castings

?? - cow manure

?? - blood and bone

?? - mushroom compost

?? - dolomite lime

?? - azomite

?? - epsom salt

?? - humic acid

thanks alot!

Cheers eestapak , links def worth considering 

generally you work a mix out first & then go get amendments , make me a mix of these amendments is not really the way to go 

everything is a guess done like this , you have a pre amended bagged soil , you have lots & lots of N , not to mention relying

on someone else to get it right for you  

one choice use the bagged soil & use the rest of the stuff 

as top dressing / mulching = much more forgiving compared to soil mixing 

possible other choice , mix bagged soil with same amount of cow , worm & mushroom compost & use that as one third part of a mix

adding the same third amount of peat moss & something you don't have listed , aeration to that ,+ 3/4 cup each of dolomite & gypsum ( cal/mag ) 

to 1.5 cubic foot ( 42lts ) of base mix  , let it sit for at least 2 weeks maybe more ,

will that work ? i have never done it so i don't know , i'm guessing 

i would def try what ever mix you use on a test plant first , like a tomato , B4 starting a grow on the back foot so to speak 

• Upvote 2

Do a little bit of research and throw something together, if you have little experience then you have to experiment.

I wouldn't be venturing into so-called super soils until you understand some basics about what nutrients are provided through which additives, fertilizers, etc.

Do a little bit of research and throw something together, if you have little experience then you have to experiment.

I wouldn't be venturing into so-called super soils until you understand some basics about what nutrients are provided through which additives, fertilizers, etc.

do a search on super soil it will give you recipes