Cannbutter enquiry

Ive found a slow cooker  recipe for cannabutter that I want to try. Im planning on only using quarter ounce of weed (instead of an ounce). Does that mean I should quarter the amount of butter and water? What about the cooking time? Should I quarter that as well (the recipe suggests cooking for 12 to 24 hours in a slow cooker on low heat)? Is it possible to over cook cannabutter?

I read somewhere that decarboxylating weed before cooking the butter will increase the quality of the buzz? Is this correct? Does it make much difference? Ir would 24 hours in a slow cooker be sufficient?

No still Cook it the same amount of time but I noticed your recipe asked for 12 to 24 hours of cooking, its not necessary to cook it that long,i used to Cook it for 12 but you get the exact same effect from 4to6 hours and I have compared the cooking times many times,but no harm in a doing 12 he's but 24 is to long I recken

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

No still Cook it the same amount of time but I noticed your recipe asked for 12 to 24 hours of cooking, its not necessary to cook it that long,i used to Cook it for 12 but you get the exact same effect from 4to6 hours and I have compared the cooking times many times,but no harm in a doing 12 he's but 24 is to long I recken

ok eVEN FOR A SLOW COOKER SET ON LOW?

Hmm I've never used a slow cooker to make butter before but would still say 12hours max, I usually just do mine on the stove in a saucepan,if your going to use your slow cooker for such a small amount you may want to have a fine strainer on hand so you can scoop out the your butter when it sets,when I make it I use 3or4 sticks of butter to make mine and when it sets it sets into a thick solid disc or butter on top of the water making it easy to get out, you could do the same by just using a small saucepan,hope it helps, cheers