Pedro V fungas gnats, rnd 1

So midlifegardner, that peroxide solution ok for all the other little friendly microbes cruising and chilling in the soil?

Welcome,by the way

During my first grow I had an infestation of gnats and was at my wits end. Did the Neem, yellow stickies, and letting things dry out. I ended up covering the bottom of my pots with stockings to cover up the holes as well. Following the peroxide I put an inch layer of river sand on top too. About how beneficial or otherwise it was to the soil and microbes I can't say...I was just trying to get through my first auto grow and did a ton of reading. I got through it just fine in the end.

I have my first Northern Lights grow just starting now. I'm an Indica guy. It's coco, house and garden A + B nutes for me now.

Thanks for the welcome.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

So midlifegardner, that peroxide solution ok for all the other little friendly microbes cruising and chilling in the soil?

Welcome,by the way

H2O2 will kill both good and bad microbes, I wouldn't use it if you're using any beneficial microbes.

Gnats are always a pain when growing in coco, I now use yellow traps from day 1, helps a lot.

• Upvote 1

Aight, i'll dime in ...

Firstly you want to buy mosquito dunks .... and neem oil ..... water the pulverized dunks into the medium or add them when preparing the substrate.... neem once every 10 days at twice the application rates suggested..... dry out the medium after the application of neem, watch for foliage wilt..... Pest strips near lighting and around the base of your plants ....

Drying out the medium fucks with the larval developmental cycle of the gnat bastards.....Next grow prepare the substrate with diatomaceous earth and dont worry about the lil fuck*rs

Edited by _Puff_Tough_

So puff, you saying to mix that diatomaceous into the soil or sprinkle on top. (sprinkle!!!! who the fuck talks like that)

Mate,tried neem,eradicator,bug off,yellow sticky things,potatoes,sling shot and slug gun

They doing my head in. Stunted few plants when little,not really harming cept for few leaves at mo,

Like Pedro it's me against them,he's at first round while i'm heading into overtime

Hate those meeces to pieces.

So puff, you saying to mix that diatomaceous into the soil or sprinkle on top. (sprinkle!!!! who the fuck talks like that)

Mate,tried neem,eradicator,bug off,yellow sticky things,potatoes,sling shot and slug gun

They doing my head in. Stunted few plants when little,not really harming cept for few leaves at mo,

Like Pedro it's me against them,he's at first round while i'm heading into overtime

Hate those meeces to pieces.

If it's getting to that point use the h2o2.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app