Is this normal for Ozbongs?

That's the problem though, mate. Any company that uses Aust Post or any other Courier has no control over how it's handled and delivered, once they hand it over to them. It bit of a lottery to what contrition items arrive in. From what I recall from my order, it was packed out snuggly with bubble wrap. But yeah, my point being. They packed it well and got it dispatched in good time. Whereas other online bong shops were pretty ordinary in both dispatch and packaging.

I do know your pain though. A couple of years back I spent 2.5k on a new desktop computer. It also arrived quickly, but the condition left a bit to be desired. The CPU Cooling fan was bent to buggery, and the Graphics card was barely hanging on, the PCI express slot was damn near snapped off the Motherboard, and the GFX card would crash every 10-15 minutes, even after the Motherboard was replaced. That took nine months and shitload in shipping costs and insurance to get it sorted. All because some fuckwit courier did whatever he done to it. Fortunately, I paid insurance for it originally when I ordered it. Otherwise, I dare say I would've been left with the cost of repairing it.

So yeah, anything of reasonable value, it pays to get it insurance on the delivery of it. But in your case, it'd be a bit of a touchy one to get sorted I would imagine. Just a bit of a bummer you used it before finding the defect (?)

Edited by Indycar

indycar, I'm not sure exactly what you mean about auspost(sorry a little baked.) But there was nothing wrong with the packaging, it wasn't damaged in transit, It's just flat out defective from ozbongs and BL.

meh after paying for shipping, a $60 bong ain't worth returning, maybe if it was a high $ piece. 

And anyway what do they even want it back for? they gonna repack and resell it to some other sorry sod? id rather hang onto it just for that reason, save someone else being ripped off. At least I got a spare downstem for $60, Score!

About customer service, let me give you guys an example of top notch service:

I recently bought a blulab PH pen new, after rehydration and calibration, the pen was still taking over 10mins to stabilize. Contacted bluelab, explained the problem, and they literally shipped a brand new one out the moment I emailed them a copy of the receipt, they shipped it from NZ by some ultra expensive DHL courier, at their cost, they shipped it in the arvo, it was here by 8 am the next morning, if that's not good enough, they don't even ask for the old pen back/or to return it, all they do is "request" that  you should throw the old one away, let me tell you now, its not easy to throw a brand new BL pen in the bin. Just a big shout out to Tua from bluelab, most helpful dude ever.

Anyhow, that's just an example of what good customer service is like, I'm certainly not asking for a replacement bong, but there's no doubt about the defects with this bong, and not being airtight in sevral places is just flatout poor quality control. something like offering me a 5% discount in their store or something wouldnt be unreasonable, still spending the $$ in thier store.

Another thing of note also, every time I leave feedback for this bong on their site, they delete it... just a bit wtf like....

Edited by Xanode

Being the retailer they'll need the bong back in order to get a credit from the manufacturer, not so they can re sell it.  That side of things is pretty standard.

Cheap bongs not having good seals etc is not a new thing either, I found the same thing 30 years back, bought 4 different bongs and only the really expensive one was up to scratch, others all ended up given away to friends.  Got 13 years out of that bong, and it worked beautifully, big top shelf ceramic Agung.  Bought another Agung for $60 about 5 years back though, and threw it in the bin, neither stem nor cone sealed properly, and the chamber didn't clear fast and clean.

Dropped some coin on a vape and haven't looked at bongs since.

Agungs are legit cheap bongs.... Not bad quality at all....

Ageed, value for money, Agung has been on top of pile for some decades.They're not the best brand you can buy, but the quality is there in what you paid for.

Just need to put some thought into a bong that's practical for your needs, and consider the ease of cleaning. They have made a few impractical bongs over the years. But that's usually the one's are the ceramic with small chambers and/or silly kinks in them.

Personally, I go for their Pyrex glass bongs, stems, cones. and a few extra grommets. My daily one is usually a "Cheech", and special occasions is a "Chong Ice" with a Chamber.

TD:LR   Poor man's Roor.

60$ spent on a bong .... cheap as chips .... Try spending many hundreds on a bong and tell me there are any issues, as they say, you get what you pay for ... I'll dime in on ozbongs..... theyre legit as fuck, look after their customers, have the best range in oz and are trustworthy..... Shipping/handling time is fast, customer service response times are timely and theyre good people.....

You have to be cautious when purchasing any cheap chinese bongs............ i bet it was mass prduced chinese junk. Ozbongs cater for those with 20$ to spend or 2000$.....

That is good business, not ozbongs problem ... its your problem.

Edited by _Puff_Tough_