Hey Bob, my advice is never top an auto.  You might just about get a small advantage doing it with a super auto as they have a slightly longer vegetative period in which to recover, but even with them I wouldn't do it.  Some people do tip them, and insist it's the way to go, and whilst I disagree strongly I'm happy to let them do whatever they want with their own plants.

What I do is LST, which you mentioned you also tried.  Once they start pushing branch growth, I start bending them over to encourage more branch growth through apical dominance.  No shock or stress to slow them down and creates a nice bushy plant with lots of branches, which is the same thing you're trying to achieve by tipping.  I also simplify LST indoors these days by using a SCROG screen instead of tying stuff down all over the place, it's just a matter of timing when to let them grow up, just like with a photoperiod SCROG.  Stretch usually starts about a week after pre flowers present, generally about 3.5-4 weeks, I like to keep LST going for a week or so of stretch before letting them go, but it will vary strain to strain, and on how much space you have etc.

If you just want to grow auto's in standard xmas tree style though, leave them untipped as it's that main cola which generally produces the bulk of the yield.

Plants look good and healthy.  Best of luck  :peace:

Thanks for advice Hashey,yeah getting a few more bud sites but pretty small. Probably best result was with a plant just topped once.

Noticed buds are lot tighter and larger than plants that i tried fimming and tipping on.

Just trying to get enough for couple batches of rso for daughter.

We live and learn,not always in that order

• Upvote 1