Creating feminized seeds/male pollen

So I've been hitting one of my girls (Cookies Kush) with Colloidal Silver for quite a few weeks now, and finally I've started seeing some male pollen sacs, I think. I'm pretty happy as nothing was happening for quite a while...

I'm guessing they are no where near ready to start collecting pollen, any tips regarding collecting & storing pollen? Will it be obvious when the pollen is ready for collection?

post-60432-0-63572500-1500609582_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

e420

So I've been hitting one of my girls (Cookies Kush) with Colloidal Silver for quite a few weeks now, and finally I've started seeing some male pollen sacs, I think. I'm pretty happy as nothing was happening for quite a while...

I'm guessing they are no where near ready to start collecting pollen, any tips regarding collecting & storing pollen? Will it be obvious when the pollen is ready for collection?

attachicon.gifIMG_8579.JPG

Cheers,

e420

When they're ready they won't take much to pop open. You can open them up before they're ready to do it themselves and you'll find some but not as much.

I tried using something with a large surface area to collect pollen when I did it and just tapped branches to collect it. I think to avoid pollinating the entire plant or to just collect you could cut off the silvered branch and tap it out away from everything. I stored mine in freezer in airtight container and a bit of flour but haven't tested how well it stored as of yet.

Hope any of what I just said helps at all