So your base mix is:

42L soil

14L peat moss

14L Scoria

14L compost/castings (50/50 mix).

Is that correct? Then you add everything else you mentioned?

How do you think I'd go for now making the above base mix and then adding the Searles 5 to 1 as per the ratios on the bag?

I'm trying to keep in fairly simple and between you and GreenQueen, I think I'm slowly getting somewhere.

Cheers mate :-)

yep ,correct 

i would try the 5in1 but first what are the bag ratios ?

So your base mix is:

42L soil

14L peat moss

14L Scoria

14L compost/castings (50/50 mix).

Is that correct? Then you add everything else you mentioned?

How do you think I'd go for now making the above base mix and then adding the Searles 5 to 1 as per the ratios on the bag?

I'm trying to keep in fairly simple and between you and GreenQueen, I think I'm slowly getting somewhere.

Cheers mate :-)

Here is a fool proof recipe for the tightarse

dirt, dynamic lifter, blood and bone, sulphate of potash, mix and plant or wait a couple of weeks if you don't like seeing burnt tips

I add equal parts Dynamic Lifter and blood and bone about a cup each, add 10% potash to the BnB, to a 28 litre pot, scoria or something mixed inand on the bottom

you can add other shit like Epsom salts and dolomite or whatever you want, job done, grows anything, add a bit more DL and potash as needed

It takes years to build good soil, the above is a good short cut till you get there.

• Upvote 2

yep ,correct 

i would try the 5in1 but first what are the bag ratios ?

Oh, I meant the ratio of Searles product to how much soil I'd be using. Is that what you meant? I'd have to check. Eg: 'x' amount of grams/cups/liters per 'x' amount of soil to be used. Sorry. I was wondering if making up your base mix then adding the Searles might be too much nute for the babies...

Here is a fool proof recipe for the tightarsedirt, dynamic lifter, blood and bone, sulphate of potash, mix and plant or wait a couple of weeks if you don't like seeing burnt tipsI add equal parts Dynamic Lifter and blood and bone about a cup each, add 10% potash to the BnB, to a 28 litre pot, scoria or something mixed inand on the bottomyou can add other shit like Epsom salts and dolomite or whatever you want, job done, grows anything, add a bit more DL and potash as neededIt takes years to build good soil, the above is a good short cut till you get there.

Thanks mate. Really appreciate all the advice I'm getting :-)

Oh, I meant the ratio of Searles product to how much soil I'd be using. Is that what you meant? I'd have to check. Eg: 'x' amount of grams/cups/liters per 'x' amount of soil to be used. Sorry. I was wondering if making up your base mix then adding the Searles might be too much nute for the babies...

ok , let's call seales & castings or compost base food , i wouldn't add any more base food than 1/3 of the base mix 

i would only use the seales to replace the compost or castings part not add too & increase the one third part of a base mix

if your going to use seales only in the base , check the ratios for use of 5in1 first

because it could be to hot used at 1/3 of the base mix on it's own 

how am i going , am i making sense or talking  unintelligible tish 

don't worry keep asking i'll get it right at some point or someone will help with my jibberish

• Upvote 2

lol I think kindergarten lesson's are a lot easier for someone that's just starting out to understand, to much technical terminology throws them of a bit,clear,exact instructions work much better so that they don't get to overwhelmed by it all and really growing cannabis is pretty straight forward, well outdoors anyway,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 2

ok , let's call seales & castings or compost base food , i wouldn't add any more base food than 1/3 of the base mix 

i would only use the seales to replace the compost or castings part not add too & increase the one third part of a base mix

if your going to use seales only in the base , check the ratios for use of 5in1 first

because it could be to hot used at 1/3 of the base mix on it's own 

how am i going , am i making sense or talking  unintelligible tish 

don't worry keep asking i'll get it right at some point or someone will help with my jibberish

lol. No mate. Not gibberish at all. Just my total lack of gardening and being an overthinker...making it difficult for myself. I get what you were saying. Cheers :-)

lol. No mate. Not gibberish at all. Just my total lack of gardening and being an overthinker...making it difficult for myself. I get what you were saying. Cheers :-)

maybe have a read of this https://buildasoil.com/pages/the-complete-system

this guy does a much better job at explaining a organic No Till = No Dig system than i ,

hopefully this will give a better look at the bigger picture & the detail to go with it 

all the best T , anytime mate 

• Upvote 1