Seedlings not growing?

Hi guys,

I use to be on this forum years ago when i use to grow but i moved house and gave it away and cant remember my old login details... Anyway ive started growing again this time im using a 600w Led in a tent but currently im still at seedling stage. Last time i did a coco run to waste system this time im going to do a recirc drip feed with rockwool in clay pebbles. This is my seedlings at 5 days from sprouting dont they look a little small? Im using a T5 with propogator dome / heat mat. Ive just taken the lid off because they arnt growing much. I soaked the rockwool origially in ph6 water and ive given them a couple sprays every day or 2.

.. not sure if im overwatering or under or if i should put them under the Led? The temp is sitting at 20-26 degrees and humidity is between 60-80%. Any help is appreaciated. Oh and only 3 of 5 seeds took off. I brought them back from amsterdam with me its an auto from Vision seeds called Vision Kush.

post-61583-0-05855300-1500378428_thumb.jpg

post-61583-0-96090700-1500379193_thumb.jpg

In my experience auto's don't like rockwool, it's like the roots just don't want to grow and push through.  Once you get roots out the bottom and get them planted into clay balls they should take off, but I've had nothing but drama's with them in rockwool.  Last time I very carefully removed as much of the cubes as I could without breaking any roots and they responded instantly.

Root systems on auto's seem to be a bit weaker than photo's in terms of their ability to push through mediums, and the lighter the medium the faster they spread and the faster the plants grow.  I now start my non coco hydro auto's off in paper towels until the sprout is about 3cm, and then pop them straight in the clayballs, but very carefully, so far no problems.

I also start mine off under high intensity lighting, but start the light off a little high and bring it down as they get established, they don't have enough veg time to muck around with gentle nursery lighting.  I also start them off on nutes with an EC around 1.0.

Best of luck  :peace:

As a guide to the difference no rockwool makes in recirc hydro, this is where they should be at 7 days.  The one on the left is 7 days, a germination fuck up has the one on the right at 2 days.  EC was jacked up to 1.4 at this point.

post-49871-0-34006900-1500421392_thumb.jpg

If you can get them out of the rockwool without damage (a lot easier said than done), they will respond.  But if you damage the roots in the process, you will see the opposite for at least a few days, if not permanently.  It's a big risk, so it's your call.

Wow thanks mate. Ive seen people transplanting straight into clay and it looks so delicate im a bit clumsy so i thought rockwool was the safer option. Im keen to get them in the pebbles ASAP and start smashing them with nutrients. I might peel away as much rockwool tonight. Would you suggest Leaving them under the T5 or move them under the 600w?

So i opened the rockwool up and they had hardly rooted at all..... Just main roots pretty much, only one had a root going to the bottom of the cube. I've transplanted them into the clay pebbles now but pretty sure they will probably die from the shock of the transplant but here's hoping. Ive put them under my 600W LED grow light, should i go full spectrum or just have the grow switch on (only blue LEDs)

So i opened the rockwool up and they had hardly rooted at all..... Just main roots pretty much, only one had a root going to the bottom of the cube. I've transplanted them into the clay pebbles now but pretty sure they will probably die from the shock of the transplant but here's hoping. Ive put them under my 600W LED grow light, should i go full spectrum or just have the grow switch on (only blue LEDs)

I would keep them under your fluros for a week or so at least until they are strong enough to handle a 600w light, right now it's just overkill and might fry the fragile little seedlings.

Yep i soaked it in ph6 water before putting seeds in. I may have overwatered the rockwool ive never used it before. For 6 days of growth there was very little root development. I think on my LED light when just the grow switch is selected it only uses about 300w or less, its not full spectrum. Ive also put it at the height the manual says is for seedlings which is about 910mm or 36 inches. Ive had to put them in the big tent so hopefully the roots will start to grow. Feeding every 2 hours for 15 minutes last one is 2 hours before lights off and no feeds in dark. 18/6 light pattern. Its make or break now. I just need one out of 3 to survive and not hermie so i can clone it >< ill put up some pics later of there new home...