Newbie wants some feedback on two seedlings

Move these into their final pots asap, I wouldn't want to be leaving the transplant much later. It will give the roots more time to develop also.

Hmm. Id be patient and wait until I see signs of them outgrowing their home. I'd be surprised if seedlings this size have outgrown a cup so uppotting now would slow them down and stress them out. When you up-pot your little plant will put it's energy into creating a bigger rootmass to make use of the extra medium. This in and of itself isnt a bad thing but it will add time to your veg cycle.

I tend to let them get a few nodes (3-4) when growing in a cup and then transplant but in honesty you could let it go longer in many cases. Also, make sure you have a good wet/dry watering cycle as this encourages your roots to go looking for water and nutrient. Your seedlings are only at the 2nd node - still very early days - leave them alone for a bit!

Edited by stinkybrownmist

Hi guys, really grateful that you are giving my little girls some thought, I think I'll leave them a bit longer but we'll see. Got a few more that have sprouted now, (SSS Freebies) Rhino cookies? so I can afford to experiment some with these. Hopefully they will be big enough to survive the great outdoors when it warms up enough!

It's too early to say filthy, let it catch up and once you get the first sets of true leaves we might be able to tell they look ok though. The 2nd pic almost looks like u have exposed surface feeding roots from watering in the one spot a bit heavy? Or is it just coco strands I can't tell that would explain a slower growth though. As brown said before make sure you let them dry right out between waters as it encourages deeper rooting which will than promote quicker growth . Sorry just rechecked pic it is just some coco strand Edited by sunseeker

if the medium is not coarse enough or you water too much and plant the seed 3/4 of an inch deep or so its difficult for the taproot to shoot deep down into the medium. So, i would suggest replanting that veryyyyy gently ...... and watering it with a shot glass every day.. have only an inch of the meristem exposed.

theres ya go's matey

Edited by _Puff_Tough_