Auto flower question

Will changing from 18/6 to 24 hours help me getting a faster harvest. Im still like 2 weeks away problem is I go away in 2 weeks. Pineapple express 400w HPS, Coco grow (hand fed) with canna nutes.

My think is the 24 hours of light might get me to the finish line faster. Or would the change freak the plant out.

THIS an AUTO GROW

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

It appears you got a bit of a dilemma there, Darth. I can't comment on flipping auto's as I haven't grown any indoors yet, tend to usually let them do their own thing outdoors.

That said, I'd be inclined to leave them be until you can get back to them, and setup a auto feed system on a timer that feeds them like for 3 minutes every 3 days or whatever may be required. Hard to tell without any pictures of their current progress.

If you want advice on setting up such a system, give us a yell. Some other vital information is how long you plan to be away from them?

• Upvote 1

IMO plants get more benefit from some sleep time than none, so I've never been keen on the 24/0 idea, but some people swear by it for autos.

As for flowering time in relation to light hours.  Yes, autos do take longer to grow and flower under less light hours, but most of that extra time is in the earlier stages rather than final maturation.  I have taken them from 18/6 to 12/12 due to space restrictions in the past, in the last few weeks of their cycle and saw no increase in maturation time, so I highly doubt that adding light hours will speed things up, and even if it does it would only be by a minimal amount.

As suggested above, I would recommend leaving harvest until you get back if possible.  Especially as quoted maturation times are generally very optimistic to put it mildly, and the harvest window is anywhere over a 3 maybe 4 week period depending on personal tastes.

Pine Express is an auto version of Pineapple Chunk, and when I grew those they went 4 weeks over Barney's stated flowering time. 

Best of luck :peace:

• Upvote 1

Works on photoperiod plants, but auto's are completely different.  Lower lighting periods will slow down growth and slightly prolong the vegetative stage, and flowering may also take a little longer?  Though in my experience with the same strains indoors vs outdoors, after starting my outdoor autos inside for 2-3 weeks, the outdoor flowering period seems to work out to basically the same as if I kept them inside under 18/6.  Autos started outside seem to take an extra couple of weeks though.