Queeny,s first attempt at indoors

Yeah I do have a shit load of duct tape lol but I'm wondering if its necessary, I am going to put some more black plastic sheets around it today to stop that glow a bit do you think a few leaks here and there is going to be a good thing or bad I'm hoping it helps with air flow a bit and as the makeshift tent is surrounded by complete darkness by another bigger shed the only light that gets into bigger shed is if i open the roller door or turn a light on,I've got my timer set to have my dark hours from 8pm till 2am just to be sure no light gets in those hours and was thinking that maybe it wouldn't be a problem through the day as the light is on anyway am I missing the mark a bit or do you think this will work or should I get the tape out and go mad with it,I don't know its something I've been thinking about a lot lol

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

That should be fine for now, especially for vegging, but I didn't see any mention of an extraction fan?  You will need one in there, and the oscillating fan inside is also important.

Might be worth setting up something better for flowering time though, you don't want light leaks, and you need good seals and structural integrity for pest control etc, but I'm sure you'll figure it all out.  Wish I had that much space to play around in.  Important to remember indoor environments create perfect conditions for pests as well without any natural predators etc, so infestations can take hold very quickly with serious results, and smell output seems to be magnified compared to outdoors as well.

:peace:

Yeah, Sir Hashy covered a lot of it. Once you do hook up a extraction fan it will pop open any light leaks because if the ventilation is set up right, the room should be under negative pressure. Then is the time to have the duct tape at the ready, hehe.

EDIT: Wiki's take on negative room pressure, the picture in the top right is a good example... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_room_pressure

Edited by Indycar

Yep I'm taking it all in and getting on to it today,its getting sorted as we speak, I shall get some update pics when its modifications are done,my biggest worry is losing that money maker clone I want to keep that as a mother and hopefully x a clone with one of my other indica strains for future seed,but not even sure if the best thing to do or not,how long can you keep a mother for ?

Potted my two clones into bigger pots and into some of my own soil and home made compost mix this arvo it started raining while I was doing it so I left them in the rain for about 15mins than dried any excess water that was pooled up on the leaves and popped them back under the light,hope this helps themb47e6386a6600221a086ec525dd17d1d.jpg948fc5bda79218c4f5f842b8f0d1f71b.jpg216deeae39bfc6ebd43e6312a83a9a5a.jpg

• Upvote 2

hey GQ

on one hand outdoors & outdoor biology is a must for growing anything not just canna imo

plus you get the full spectrum of the soil food web , above & below ground

unfortunately once we move indoors we loose some of that soil food web , which means

there's not always another bug to keep this bug in check  

so be a lill careful moving indoor plants outdoors & back , they can bring in unwanted guests that 

have a tendency to want to stay in the lovely conditions of an indoor grow room 

once plants are in , there in , once they go out there out for good , no going back in without a full IPM

& quarantine because it doesn't take much to destroy a whole grow  

also if you happen to have some aloe vera , it's a great stress reliever & all round heath tonic at times like re potting 

actinomycetes , the smell of rain https://youtu.be/U8sTz1Z64ak , rain is good especially in a lightning storm where it rains nitrogen 

lightning separates the N atoms in the air letting them fall to earth with the rain 

• Upvote 2