Clawing new growth at 12wks veg

Thanks guys I really appreciate the detailed replys. No change from yesterday so shes not getting any worse which is good and no other issues. Definitely think the neem oil and dry spells contributed to it so will give that watering schedule a go :)
  • Upvote 2

for 8lt i would just sprinkle a bit round the top , 1/2 cup a bit to much i reckon for 8lt pot 

if you have kelp a sprinkle would be good too , so would malted barley powder for the enzyme hit 

allot of the things i mention are large pot strategies , where the top mulch layer is being consumed 

turning nutes over & feeding soil life which in turn feed the plant 

i'm talking minimum of 10gal would prefer 15gal & above , your working with 8lt , hard to keep that soil

life happening in such a small pot so how much of what you top dress is being consumed ?

might be better off with liquid feeds , like barley can be top dressed or mix with water 

& there's a kelp neem tea you can apply 

for 8lt i would just sprinkle a bit round the top , 1/2 cup a bit to much i reckon for 8lt pot

if you have kelp a sprinkle would be good too , so would malted barley powder for the enzyme hit

allot of the things i mention are large pot strategies , where the top mulch layer is being consumed

turning nutes over & feeding soil life which in turn feed the plant

i'm talking minimum of 10gal would prefer 15gal & above , your working with 8lt , hard to keep that soil

life happening in such a small pot so how much of what you top dress is being consumed ?

might be better off with liquid feeds , like barley can be top dressed or mix with water

& there's a kelp neem tea you can apply

Wish we had the luxury of growing 10gal pots :( If we could outdoors would be the go but living in the burbs thats not possible.

Hi all bit of a curly one here. As of about 4 days ago Ive noticed most of the new growth clawing on one of my mothers. It started the day after giving her a trim and taking a couple of clones and has gotten worse over the last 4 days or so with the tips now showing a little burning too. Odd thing is Ive had no issues for the last 12wks in the soil it only happened after taking the cuttings.

Thought it might be N toxicity so flushed her well with run off being 6.4 but just wanting other ideas of what it could be? Temps are stable around 25/26 with humidity around 60%. Ill post a picture up later tonight but any help would be appreciated.

IS the clawing you are talking about referring to the sharpness of the edges of the leaves?

If it is,that sort of thing has happened to all my new growth for about a 4 days after I spray the leaves with a mix of neem oil and water to prevent whiteflies.

Common theme is neem.

I notice it is far more prevalent on the indica strains I have than the sativa which it doesn't seem to effect

It doesn't seem to slow them down , just grow some weird new growth for a couple of day

IS the clawing you are talking about referring to the sharpness of the edges of the leaves?

If it is,that sort of thing has happened to all my new growth for about a 4 days after I spray the leaves with a mix of neem oil and water to prevent whiteflies.

Common theme is neem.

I notice it is far more prevalent on the indica strains I have than the sativa which it doesn't seem to effect

It doesn't seem to slow them down , just grow some weird new growth for a couple of day

Its a little hard to see in the pics but the clawing for mine is where the tips of the leaves turn down looking like a claw hand.

Are you spraying yours with lights on by any chance?

Edited by nici

Common theme is neem.

Hey B 

I've never had a prob like that , as nici said are you spraying with lights on 

the other thing would be amount used & are you using 100% neem oil cos that would need a emulsifier 

without the emulsifier you'll be spitting out lumps of just oil or just water , this could be a cause of over

application at the growing tips , not getting any even cover of water & oil mix

Edited by itchybromusic