Feeding schedule

Not a big fan of feeding schedules, partly because different plants have different needs at different times, and partly as stated by another manufacturers tend to grossly overestimate required strengths.  I start them off at an EC around 1.0, and then raise and monitor strength from there based on the plants.

Looks like you're doing recirc hydro, maybe DWC?  What I do with flood and drain, is once the plants get to about 3 weeks and start drinking a good amount, I monitor EC in the res, if it drops I raise the baseline strength, if it rises I drop it, until I find the sweet spot where EC stays stable, that way the plants are consuming water at the same rate as they eat the nutrients out of it and I assume that is exactly what they need, if that makes sense????  Works for me.

Best of luck, and hope your mutant turns out triploid  :peace:

The mutant has now got some roots out of the net pot along with the biggest

Has anyone used h202 in their resivoir for root health ?

I have used it many times to kill bacteria associated with pythium. Trouble is it kills all bacteria, good and bad. Better option is to get something like great white or Z7 which help your roots without killing good bacteria. If you have pyth I would hit it with h2o2 first though.

The mutant has now got some roots out of the net pot along with the biggest

Has anyone used h202 in their resivoir for root health ?

I've used OxyPlus which I think is pretty good in DWC/NFT, you don't need much as it's 50% strength hydrogen peroxide vs the usual 3% etc.

It's also good for increasing dissolved oxygen levels, improving root health. You can use it as a supplement/regular preventative doses weekly with res changes.

• Upvote 1