Wish I found this 2 mths ago

I've always grown hps.. and would never change to led well not yet any way! I've got friends that grow with led and hps definitely grows superior plants !! I have 3x 600 wat hps in my 2.4x 1.2x 2 tent and I don't have heat issues ... air flow is the key ,and I just have an osolating fan and an centrifugal extraction fan, and it works fine .

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 2

take a tape and measure (in meters) the length, width and height of your grow tent – this will give you the cubic area of the tent

then multiply this figure by 60 (the number of minutes in an hour) which is how many times you want the area exchanged in a hour

here’s an example:

my grow tent is 1.2 M x 1.2 M x 2M

so 1.2 x 1.2 x2= 2.8 cubic meters in total

2.8 X 60 =172.8 cubic meters an hour needed

and here’s a quick approximate guide to the size of fan for what size area you are growing in

Sizes:

4″/100mm – 175m3/hour

5″/125mm – 225m3/hour

6″/150mm – 420m3/hour

8″/200mm – 750m3/hour

10″/250mm – 1000m3/hour

12″/315mm – 1300m3/hour

However! any 90º bend in the ducting means that you will need to add a 30% power increase due to resistance –

172m3 X 1.3=223.6m3

Would have saved me a lot of grief have 6" with no bends when I only needed 4" more than twice the air exchange I needed bloody hydro shop guy!

So my sitch ..

2.4x1.2x2 = 5.76

5.76x60 = 345.6

Looks like it's the 6" 150mm

Gives me the option of a couple of bends in the ducting too !

Thanks for your help ! [emoji1374]

This tent growing sounds bloody complicated,

any reason not to run the exhaust fan on a timer?

Nope other then life of fan motor. Stop starting torque applications isnt the best for longevity. Oh and smell in flowing. Youre going to want a constant change of air through the scrubber to keep smells down. Edited by nici

I've always grown hps.. and would never change to led well not yet any way! I've got friends that grow with led and hps definitely grows superior plants !! I have 3x 600 wat hps in my 2.4x 1.2x 2 tent and I don't have heat issues ... air flow is the key ,and I just have an osolating fan and an centrifugal extraction fan, and it works fine .

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

yeah as Gazza said leave the fan on looks like my thermometer is playing up put a few bends in the pipe between filter and exhaust and works better scaled down fan and moved lights further away about 1m is that the height u have them at I was always gonna bud on hps but we got a good deal so I replaced LEDs with hps in both tents and use leds in summer

yeah as Gazza said leave the fan on looks like my thermometer is playing up put a few bends in the pipe between filter and exhaust and works better scaled down fan and moved lights further away about 1m is that the height u have them at I was always gonna bud on hps but we got a good deal so I replaced LEDs with hps in both tents and use leds in summer

plus I moved the tent location better air supply from outside rather than the enclosed space it was in blocking vents

I have my my lights about 40cm from the top of my plants and don't have any burning issues at that height , I run my fan 24/7 and need to to keep the charcoal filter working and the smell under control, my lights are on at night during flower and off during the day and that also helps stabilise temps , I still grow threw summer but I tend to have my centre hps turned down to 400w

add204fc86560b4dfebb3c6dcd955712.jpg

A guy has gotta have a hobby might as well be making Kick arse meds

Edited by Bushwacked74