DIY fogger / mister

Not sure if I'm onto something but I picked up one of those pond mist makers from bundogs today for $65 and chucked in a bucket. I'll try it out on some strawberry bulbs I also grabbed at big B. I like that it bubbles and spurts a little as well just like those Dewey misters I seen people using.

c8621ea1677919685b7a0dcabdd55103.jpg

I think the lights might cause issues but I can probs remove them

3bc24c4ea84d531eb3416d8150ffcec0.jpg

3aa5a2f4b8cdd6bd97e4ecf3af77fb04.jpg

b84386362ee7c34db50212bc04e55a5d.jpg

d3d6c8b091f762d54b18197f6ef1e86b.jpg

• Upvote 1

hey im interested in this little invention thing

ive not really looked at them ever .

how does it work for clones n flowering ?

I'm new to it still myself Carnage. I figure it's just like aeroponics except using fog. As long as temps stay low and the roots stay wet I can't see anything going wrong. Except the LEDs... Just don't wanna break it if not needed so I'll keep trialling the strawberries

i guess if its misting and fogging, that only h20 would be in the mist/fog.... and the nutrients would stay down low in the container.

would this be correct ?

im trying to see what my possibilities and uses are

Just YouTube diy fogponics. People use them so they must feed the plant. Watch and we'll see

i guess if its misting and fogging, that only h20 would be in the mist/fog.... and the nutrients would stay down low in the container.

would this be correct ?

im trying to see what my possibilities and uses are

They work using ultrasonics. Make sure the nutes are completely water soluble most hydro nutes are. The biggest issue is that the salts/minerals can build up in the plate voids (where the mist rises from), and can reduce their performance. Some of the better foggers have replaceable plates so when they begin to block up you can change them out.

EDIT: No the nutes will be suspended in the mist :)

Edited by nici
  • Upvote 1