Does size matter?

Pots are too small.  Yep, it's a very bad age to be potting up an auto, but you're likely to lose less from the stress of repotting (so long as you're very gentle) than you are from leaving them in those pots.  Next 2-3 weeks are stretch, and you need to make the most of it.

As much light and nutes as they can take without negative effects, along with lots of freedom in the root zone.

Buzzo's guide is a great starting point for new auto growers, but I'd also recommend looking through Five's diaries as he certainly has been pumping out some extraordinary autos recently.

• Upvote 1

Just re-potted 3 of plants in the smaller pots expecting them to be root bound,but hardly any root growth.Do you think it was the prob i had with fungus gnats or lack of nutes,had them under lights 20/4 since germed. At 25 days should they have filled those small pots?

The first 2 autos I did had a pretty decent root system by harvest. but the last one I did I had a huge gnat problem stunted growth ant the root system was nothing compared to the first two. I ended up transplanting to she fresh dirt that the night before I ran boiling water through gnat infested shit it was. it grew a few feet tall still didn't yield much maybe a half. A water an peroxide mix will kill larvae but don't know the ratio off my head

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Doesn't sound right for the age of the plants, never had fungus gnats but from the little I know about them it's a good possibility they have contributed to the problem.

Also have no idea what super soil is, but if it's not really light and airy that could also contribute to the problem.  In my experience auto's are even more sensitive to resistance to root growth from dense mediums than photoperiod plants.  Looks like there's a fair amount of perlite in your soil, so it shouldn't be too bad.  The more you can encourage root growth, the bigger and faster your plants will grow.

But you should have a good sized root ball by this age, so hopefully you can figure out why you don't, and learn for next time.

:peace:

Thanks for feedback guys,Hashy your plants look amazing for 4wks,mine look nothing like that. The ones i put st in to finishing pots are 3 x size of ones in

sm blue pots so suppose that theory rings true. Same mix,same water & nutes. Do you know what reason for really thick stems(12mm) and long distance

between nodes could be?.Would they possibly be putting resources into that instead of growth? Transplanted blue pots in to 20ltr without mishap so see

what happens,cheers guys

Ok, it's official i'm confused,will put em in bigger pots and see what happens. Hope they're not flowering as some hav'nt even got 3rd set leaves.

Anyhoo,will put up some pics of finished  stumpies. Thanks guys(and girl)

I agree with nici - they are not ready to b potted up.

If this is your first grow, I'd like to offer you some advice... don't top your autos. Autos don't get a lot of growing time and topping your plants slows down their growth, so don't top your autos.

Didn't see the second page before posting. 

Edited by louise
  • Upvote 1

Thanks louise,sounds like your onto it,get alot of people saying dont top,dont top an auto,by the time it sank in to this thick skull i'd allready done it.

Never put my brain in gear before scissors in motion.

Anyhow surprise,surprise all 4 plants i topped have multiple shoots and one that i tried to top but ended up fimming by mistake has 5 main shoots

The one's i topped are actually 3 x the size of plants in smaller pots.

If this makes any sense to you,could you please explain(pauline hanson) to me

Normally,if it does'nt work then i know it's good 'ol passion fingers

But on rare occasion it does then WTF

Suppose it comes down to magic word   LEARNING  lol

Just quick update on these sad and sorry autos

If you remember(no worries if ya don't) these puppies were stunted by me and the devils spawn GNATS.

Anyhoo, they seem to have somewhat recovered from my overzealous topping and pinching

Think they're around 57 days from beans cept for 2 n-lights,at bout half that.

Perm outside now till i get knew light.

Was going to throw them out after gnat attack,but after following advice from you guys (my most learned freinds)

fark how spell frends

decided to stick it out

post-61357-0-98521900-1501043034_thumb.jpg

post-61357-0-28376300-1501043376_thumb.jpg

post-61357-0-59194400-1501043470_thumb.jpg

post-61357-0-73675800-1501043571_thumb.jpg

post-61357-0-22830900-1501042712_thumb.jpg

post-61357-0-74637500-1501043705_thumb.jpg

post-61357-0-04695400-1501043818_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2