How do I keep humidity under control during flowering? And keep mood a

Hey everyone, last grow I only got entill 8 weeks and started getting mold, I decided to pull up before I lost out even More...

Since then Iv brought a Ionmax ION 610 Desiccant Dehumidifier 6L and the humidity has been around %45 %50 now the room temp is always around 20 to 25 now.

Will this be enough to stop mold this grow? I still notice moisture on the leaves of a morning so a little worried there...

How can I prevent mold? What's the safest solution to have on hand to spray the plants just in case of mold?

Also is my humidity at acceptable levels during flowering ?

The unit is set at %40 but seems to only get the room down to %45 max

Edited by medicalgrower

That should be fine, weird there is still moisture o the foliage maybe the leaves are transpiring.... how hot is it with lights on? you could water them twice during lights on, half the amount each time... You could increase air flow, what are your temps ? If you want big chunky ass nugs humidity is always an issue.... always an issue if the buds are close to a light source also...

That should be fine, weird there is still moisture o the foliage maybe the leaves are transpiring.... how hot is it with lights on? you could water them twice during lights on, half the amount each time... You could increase air flow, what are your temps ? If you want big chunky ass nugs humidity is always an issue.... always an issue if the buds are close to a light source also...

Cool mate cheers.

Yes I know, I thought it was weird myself but then I was also told by someone else it'd prob the leaves transpiring...

Iights on it's about 25 degrees. Lights of about 20 degrees, I'm growing 3 plants each under a 315 in a dwc system. It's a 2x2x2 metre tent and I'm running 1 inline cert 150mm fan for air in... it's pretty powerful I paid $300 for the fan...also same fan without adjustments on the exhaust fan.

Also forgot to mention I do not water them as there in a dwc system. They drink when they need to via the bottom roots!

Edited by medicalgrower

Probably the only other option is a bigger dehumidifier, I just got a 12L/day unit second hand I want to use for my grow room as humidity has been as high as 75% with the recent winter weather and I can't open any windows in that room to circulate air.

My temps are about the same, lights on 25-26C max right under the light. Also see a bit of moisture where any leaves touch and where some leaves touch the tent walls. Will report back in a week or two if it's helping.

Edited by hydrochronic

Probably the only other option is a bigger dehumidifier, I just got a 12L/day unit second hand I want to use for my grow room as humidity has been as high as 75% with the recent winter weather and I can't open any windows in that room to circulate air.

My temps are about the same, lights on 25-26C max right under the light. Also see a bit of moisture where any leaves touch and where some leaves touch the tent walls. Will report back in a week or two if it's helping.

Yeah I thought about that but if my room is sitting at 45% to %50 shouldn't i be fine flowering without running into issues?

My humidity was around %70 before I got the dehumidifer. Weird thing is the humidity in my shed wher the grow tent is it is only %20 but in my grow tent in the shed it's 45 50%.... yeah please report back.....

If I opened a window in my shed would that lower the humidity? In my tent ?

Yeah I thought about that but if my room is sitting at 45% to %50 shouldn't i be fine flowering without running into issues?

My humidity was around %70 before I got the dehumidifer. Weird thing is the humidity in my shed wher the grow tent is it is only %20 but in my grow tent in the shed it's 45 50%.... yeah please report back.....

If I opened a window in my shed would that lower the humidity? In my tent ?

if humidity outside the tent is 20% and inside is 60% probably means you need to exchange more air.

in my case it's 60% both inside and outside so need to reduce the whole room.

45-50% should be ok, but towards the end you will still want it a bit lower.

• Upvote 1

if humidity outside the tent is 20% and inside is 60% probably means you need to exchange more air.

in my case it's 60% both inside and outside so need to reduce the whole room.

45-50% should be ok, but towards the end you will still want it a bit lower.

Ok exchanging more air in the shed or the tent? So bigger inline cert fans yeah? Maybe say 200mm inline fans for air in and out of the tent?

I would say double check your numbers, that the humidity really is 20% in the shed. If so you should be able to circulate more of that 20% air through your grow tent and bring the average humidity down significantly.

I'm not sure how big your tent or shed is but from some other pics I saw I think it was pretty big. You should be able to replace all of the air in your tent every minute or so, so calculate the volume and find a fan that can do that.

If you have a decent fan it should be up to the job, maybe also make sure you have sufficient intake ports and keep a slight negative pressure inside the tent too.

• Upvote 1

I would say double check your numbers, that the humidity really is 20% in the shed. If so you should be able to circulate more of that 20% air through your grow tent and bring the average humidity down significantly.

I'm not sure how big your tent or shed is but from some other pics I saw I think it was pretty big. You should be able to replace all of the air in your tent every minute or so, so calculate the volume and find a fan that can do that.

If you have a decent fan it should be up to the job, maybe also make sure you have sufficient intake ports and keep a slight negative pressure inside the tent too.

I'll double check my numbers tomorrow mate, my shed is insulated so maybe that's why its got a really low humidity?

My shed is around 7 x 4 metres and my tent is a 2x2x2.

My fans are in the pics I took also....

I run a Blauberg Centro Centrifugal Fan 6"/150mm for inline air sucking from my shed into my tent.

And I run a CAN Fan - Centrifugal Fan - RS150 6 Inch (150mm) German Precision Technology on my exhaust with a carbon filter.

I'm not sure what my best move here is cost wise...I don't have no spare fans etc...what do u suggest I do?

Replacing my inline fan that's sucking air in for a 200mm fan or adding a extra inline fan of some size? That's all I can come up with...

Edited by medicalgrower

Rite o after double checking humidity in my shed it's really at %70. So I'm looking into a bigger dehumidifer.

I found 1 it's only $300, same price as my current unit but this is a 12liter a day mine is only a 6 and doesn't do the job sufficiently. What's everyone think of this one; https://aquagardening.com.au/compact-dehumidifier

Reckon this will work Better in a 2x2x2 tent with 4 315s and 4 large plants ? Then my 6 litre one? The 6 litre only goes down to %40 this goes down to %30

Edited by medicalgrower