Go buy a hyperfan and the blauberg and you tell me what you think. I've just gone through the whole lot personally. The title of the thread is "Hyper WHINE" because I no longer wanted a jet engine running. The hyperfan has a speed controller already and it was being controlled. This Blauberg also has a speed controller which is being used.

I have downgraded from a marketing hyped product, for a quality made product, which does not make a WHINE noise. It only makes air movement noise, which is no problem to keep quiet.

Also in the OP, Ive also mentioned the ridiculous size of the Hyperfan, so theres a reason for downgrading in size.

Whats so funny? lol

Edited by Qwobbler

The specs say it generates 46dB and that solves your noise problem?

Hyperfan generates more and thats at full power. Go back to OP, I mentioned the size of the area being exhausted, dont need it running flat out only at about 20%. Cant hear a thing

Edited by Qwobbler

Hyperfan generates more and thats at full power. Go back to OP, I mentioned the size of the area being exhausted, dont need it running flat out only at about 20%. Cant hear a thing

hey Q

i use one of these

https://www.jaycar.com.au/0-260vac-variable-laboratory-autotransfomer-variac-500va/p/MP3080

works perfect!

plun n play aswell.

Q Sorry man i shouldn't have had a laugh, seeing as u were running a 200mm fan in just over 2 cubic meter grow space is pretty insane unless u throttled it right back on the lowest possible speed, was the speed controller a add on or was it built by the fan's manufacturer because if it was a separate speed controller it may explain the whine noise often these sold alone speed controllers make fans whine but no manufacturered fan with a made specifically speed controller for that fan should whine

the good thing about the extra power on a throttled back fan is u can use it to lower humidity in high humidity months and when your flowering

All good bud. My original idea was to have the giant 8 inch dialled right back, as it was, to eliminate all noise, but the whine was there... Its very annoying believe me ;) The speed controller for the hyperfan is supplied and is made for it.. The Whine noise is from the type of motor it is. The new Blauberg is dialled down to 20% and is killing it.

Cheers

Q

• Upvote 2