Guys, can any body recommend canna terra growth mediums,?,any results or exp using them. Trying to find something on par with fox farms or such made here in good ol' oz. Sick of bad results from bunnings. Any ideas?

I respect you and my plants will love you.   By the way if you can make up a li'l something that works with good soil PH and drainage props then happy to take that on board.

Edited by afgahn bob

I've used canna terra. Good stuff, not really a comparison with fox farms as it is pretty light on nutes (read none) - don't know much about FF soil but from what I can gather on other forums the happy frog is mild and the ocean forest is a hot soil so you don't need nutes (at least for a while). Canna terra is pretty much peat and sphagnum moss so once you cut it with perlite it's a nice airy medium. Run similar pH to hydro and feed soil nutes and it works well. Weird but good :)

Quick edit, it's a good product but I wouldn't buy it again. For soil growing, its high maintenance (requires more attention to pH etc.) and I'd prefer to use a good quality soil full of goodness and natural pH buffers rather than just a medium.

Edited by stinkybrownmist

Hey guys,thanks for response,only trouble with that livingsoil stuff is you'd have to lock it up in your safe every night cause of the price. Anyway you get

what you pay for i spose.  Just hoping for local product,decent price range and fairly trouble free. Could be pipedream?

well you know what $15 a bag gets ya 

you can use ya canna terra pro & use the living soil stuff for top dresses 

can always try mixing some compost / castings with aeration together

then mix that 50/50 with the canna TP , let it sit for a week or 2 

for the castings/compost to inoculate the canna B4 using 

prob the best you can do with $15 bagged soil is get something growing in it 

a nice cover crop mix will attract a divers set of benne's , fix N in the soil & kick

start nutrient cycling  

old story , shit in = shit out 

good is not cheap & cheap is not good = most of the time !

• Upvote 1

Have a look at these guys - https://www.livingsoil.com.au/

Bit more exxy then canna but amanzing stuff and your plants will love it!!

I've decided to buy the $250 starter kit . Also gonna get 2 x 25L pots and do 2 plants outside.. it is a bit more expensive but it can be re used and not using nutes will save me some coin . It's funny how we don't have too many options in oz ..post-60836-149786339402_thumb.png Edited by Jim420