How ya goin Gazza,does that penetration with cobs,differ if 120deg lens,swapped out to 90 or even 60?

Once start flowering would that be more effective,

Only got 360w LED but can't seem to find 2 people that agree on canopy height.

Manufacturer says 10in,but suffered light burn that close

I don't know about the lenses Bob i run reflectors but with led lights i would go with the widest spread possible to cover a larger area as possible to get the most from your growing area but say if u have a big led light in a small tent than maybe the penetration would be preferable

you ideally need the light above the plants at a point where your light spread is covering the garden completely without sacrificing to much penetration and burning is not good, purple led grow lights tend to need to be higher than white cob led's because the purple leds bleach the leaves and buds

i ran my white cob led's pretty close because i ran out of height, i would say 40-60cm would be ideal from plant tops, at 60cm it should give a nice wide beam of light but if u find the growth is spindly or slow than move it closer

Thanks 4 input Gazza,only sm area 1100mm x 1600mm x500mm. They're autos.Take em outside during day,gotta acclimatise to that cause of tenancy 

issues. Trying to post pics of all pots side by side.They all germed at same time,some in to sm pots,some in to large.

Blown away by diff in growth. All same genetics from same bank,only diff is topped some.

Don't be to hard on Porcha,really believe she just trying to help

Will give canopy a go at 40cms and see what happens.

Cheers brother.

• Upvote 1