I'm New. Please be patient :-)

You have plenty of time to prepare for the season...

My advice is read up on info... Go through the outdoor section in forums...

Cannabis don't like winter, they start in spring grow through summer and flower (grow buds) in autumn and harvest....

What state u in?

You have time to brew a soil mix! Organic!?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by AussieBogan

Thanks Cardrona and Traviss. The advice keeps coming. Love it. Yep. I will keep reading into start of spring and no doubt you guys will be tired of me by then.

Traviss. Thanks for taking out the bullshit and getting right to the point. Simple and basic is what I'm after to start. Was looking at those water meters online. Good idea. Seasol was on my list as well. So getting ahead of myself for grow and bloom products lol.

So canna soil ok to buy off eBay or safer to get the best quality potting mix at Bunnings? So should I mix say 30 perlite with 70 soil as well?

Thanks guys. Legends.

Timbo

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

I would just go for a quality potting mix from Bunnings .. Dont mix anything into it for your first grow Just keep it simple and easy .. My first grows back in the 80's was Vegie garden soil from the Nurseries in large pot mixed with a little blood and bone and sheep shit ... I would feed it a mix of fish emulsion and Yates Thrive as directed for tomatoes once a fortnight and let it grow.. 

A few snail pellets to protect for slugs and snails.. That was it.

Got a few ounces a plant and grown my own since.. 

Once you start using Nutrients and soil mixes you need the tools to check levels to keep it at optimum levels... Over feed major problems. Over water root rot... 

Your first grows should be simple and easy while you learn the plant , learn the pests leaves and soil and how to deal with them. How to care for the plant basic needs. 

A newbie Grower can become over whelmed with all the technical stuff and kill the plant, Often from being to keen and over doing it ..

Just remember before all these fancy Nutrients, soils, coco, etc... Hippies grew plants in the ground and in pots with nothing more than good compost and dirt.. 

I used professor nutrients go green when my plants were in a bit of trouble from light burn with a led light. It's got nitrogen calcium iron and magnesium in it. Seems to be a good product. But got my light height sorted and now they doing good. It's my first indoor grow. But when I grow outdoor I still PH balance my water. My water is at about 8 so I thought I'd rather do it right. I would check my runoff PH but was never too concerned with it. Was always around the right PH anyway. I'm no pro so if people disagree with what I've said then I'm probably wrong. Just tryna help a brother out where I can.

OK Tim if your doing pots outdoors this is all you'll need,some decent size pots to start with and then go to bunnings any day of the week and pick up some bags of this or something similar,its inexpensive and will be all you will need for your entire grow, just empty all the bags into a wheelbarrow or a tarp, mix the up and be sure to give it a really good mix up,if you have access to some real dirt from the ground mix some of that in as well,fill your pots up I always make sure I only fill them 3/4 of the way so that there's room for watering and mulch if you choose to mulch and that's it,seriously its that simple, thus is all you will need to grow some decent plants and harvest awesome buds,don't over water them damp is good,wet and soggy not good you only need to water everyday when temps are above 35degrees others wise just water them every few days or when they start to get a little dry,if its been raining don't water at all,remember there weeds they can take a fair bit if neglect, lots if people love there plants to death,try not make that mistake and you will cruise through your grow,once they are a foot high you can start to use a little season ever fortnight if you choose to but if you use the mix I've mentioned it won't be necessary but it will give you something to do so feel like growing instead if just watching,hope it helps you to get started on the right foot cheers GREENQUEEN508b9c36b0d9d9053b929c53443d6864.jpg

• Upvote 1

OK Tim if your doing pots outdoors this is all you'll need,some decent size pots to start with and then go to bunnings any day of the week and pick up some bags of this or something similar,its inexpensive and will be all you will need for your entire grow, just empty all the bags into a wheelbarrow or a tarp, mix the up and be sure to give it a really good mix up,if you have access to some real dirt from the ground mix some of that in as well,fill your pots up I always make sure I only fill them 3/4 of the way so that there's room for watering and mulch if you choose to mulch and that's it,seriously its that simple, thus is all you will need to grow some decent plants and harvest awesome buds,don't over water them damp is good,wet and soggy not good you only need to water everyday when temps are above 35degrees others wise just water them every few days or when they start to get a little dry,if its been raining don't water at all,remember there weeds they can take a fair bit if neglect, lots if people love there plants to death,try not make that mistake and you will cruise through your grow,once they are a foot high you can start to use a little season ever fortnight if you choose to but if you use the mix I've mentioned it won't be necessary but it will give you something to do so feel like growing instead if just watching,hope it helps you to get started on the right foot cheers GREENQUEEN508b9c36b0d9d9053b929c53443d6864.jpg

Well said Greeni

"it won't be necessary but it will give you something to do so feel like growing instead if just watching"

When you allow it to do it's thing.... if you have prepared .....there is little to do but water ...relax and dont over think it .

And you dont need to spend much money ...very little if any or need name brands.  Same with some seed...dont believe the hype especially starting out.

​All the things you will need will probably be within 5km of you unless your way out in the country and no more than a few dollars.

Best of luck...take a photo

Edited by cardrona
  • Upvote 1

Thank you everyone.

Bogan I was looking at getting the seeds in August and starting some time end of that month depending on the weather. I'm in Sydney region mate.

Thanks Traviss. Yes . Trying to keep it simple. Just getting very overwhelmed with all the info and trying to consolidate it all into my ageing brain :-). Some good advice. Your simple beginners approach like green queen will be what I'm going with.

Thanks roman. Added to my notes [emoji1303]

Green queen :-). You got my attention first in the June competition post. I had a little smile on my face when I saw your plants growing through your clothes line lol. Awesome. Love the photos. I will do exactly as you instructed end of winter and I will most certainly bore you with some pics hopefully :-). Thanks for the detail and step by step as it's exactly what I need. Probably will get a bit of mulch to add. Yes. I will go easy on the water and not get too over zealous and excited. Got the picture saved. Love the dog. I have two small yap yaps. No need for perlite? Would I just put the seedlings in the big pots outside or would you recommend baby pot and seedling mix for kick start or not worry? Yeah I'm on my iPad now and it gets me all the time. On train and off to work. Thanks again for your detailed info. Have a great starting point. Oh and I won't forget the seasol towards the end. Everybody recommends that.

Timbo.

Hey cardrona. Sorry didn't see your sneaky last reply to the queen. She certainly summed it up for me. I think I was getting too anxious with all the information and the queen has centred me back to an easy grow. Something I can work with for my first grow. I was more than overthinking. Spending hours and hours reading and went into overload.

Timbo.