I'm New. Please be patient :-)

Thanks Frazz. Good to know. I might have to have a good look at my backyard. I have a lot of large trees blocking sunlight but I should be able to find 6 hours of direct light especially as it starts to warm up after shitty winter finishes.

Thanks again for the advice mate.

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

Hey mate, something to be aware of with the canna terra soil is that it really has no nutrients in it - it's just a medium (same with the coco etc.) It's actually closer to a soil-less medium in real use. This means you need to stay on top of nute requirements, PH etc. a lot more than you would with traditional dirt (you also need to run your PH at around 6 as it is a coco/peat mix I believe). Not sure if this would be the best for a first grow - depends on how simple you want to keep things.

If you can get to a nursury grab a bag of Searles premium potting mix. Its good stuff and should have enough nutrition to carry a plant through. I grow my superhot chillis that I keep in pots with it and cut it 50/50 with perlite and it seems to do a good job. I'm sure there are good options at bunnings too, not sure if they have Searles there though.

I like the Searles stuff as it has lots of peat, not too much woodchip/bark and seems light and airy. If I had roots, I'd stick em in there :D

Osmocote seed and cutting mix from Bunnings is good for beginners. Costs about $11.Seen a few grows now with great success. Mix with 30% perlite. Start in small pots and keep in there basically until leaves touch side of pot. Can't add anymore advice that's not already on here. Don't give any nutes until about 2 weeks old. But in this soil you should be good for a month.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks OldManD. Love ya profile pic. Stoked at the amount of people trying to help me out.

Want to keep it simple stinky. Problem with Searles is trying to source it. I have been trying to find a bag. Some people also suggest the 5 in 1 to add in with the perlite for extra goodness. Is there anywhere in Sydney anyone can recommend to get Searles products? If not, any other good premium potting mixes I can buy that are easier to source that will get me through my first grow? If I can get searles though I would be as happy as punch.

Has anyone had any experience with Yates premium potting mix as I have read a little about it as well. 

Thanks Romanog. Yeah I read that somewhere else I think on these forums regarding osmocote. Any nutes you suggest after transplant over to its grow pot?

Yep. A PH meter is on my shopping list. 

Regarding PH in water and soil. Probably a silly question but, if I measure the PH soil and its lower than it should be, is it a matter of upping the PH in the water, and watering the plant to raise the PH in the soil or I am assuming there are products you can put onto the soil to raise the Ph? 

Thanks again guys. Cheers.

Timbo.