when its me and i really want to take clones and the weather is perfect outdoors for it, i prep my clones on the motherplant for 36-100hrs before cutting.

doesnt always go to plan. have had many branches wilt on me from the prep work.

when it goes to plan though, holy fuck is it decent.

end up w/ 30-40 lil prepped cuts, when i take the cuts from the mother plant they already have little pimples around the stem ready to grow rooties....

straight into soil only. jsut water. in clear plastic tubs, in the shade outside.

all natural too. nothing bought from the store. well i mean the soil is bought from the store but you get the idea. no clonex or anything like that.

after you prep the cuts and theyre ready, can take them anytime day or night.

i dont think day or night ever really matters.

apparently feeding mother plant water makes the clone hungry for nutrients sooner, so it tries to grow rooties in search of food sooner....

cant prove it, but it worked for some people and not others.

worked for me a few times but not others.

take a clone, when you got everything else in order. i say.

get everything else ready, when it is all there and ready to go, take that clone safely. any time of day or nite.

Healthy ones half way up on the side are usually viable

I cut from all over, though the highest tips are the hardest to strike, something to do with hormones being higher on the lower parts and nitrogen being higher on the higher tips, flush with water for a few days before cutting to reduce nitrogen  

They are some really good pointers there I've never thought of before but that makes sense. Thanks for the info, next time I wont take all the clones from the top then I might not loose a really good strain again :/

Well success they've all been transplanted this arvo into some 6" pots and given a light watering in with just some seasol let them settle for a couple days make sure their happy before start to give them some nutes and get them kicking along all had really good root masses all nice and white so I'm much happier this time around since they've all survived

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php?/topic/78249-Barneys-LSD-and-liberty-haze