so from two to 40 or so back down to 9 really good keepers raits 

Being back crossed ...

which leads to .......just like phenotypes and traits in flowers and veg ...they are expressed in what the seed looks like ..

Just like this fish chart 

and the seeds chart 

rather than looking at the names 

look at the shape ,colour ,markings 

whether it as an inverted petiole or enclosed ....each one expresses its lineage 

So for breeding while you might say it is just bagseed or you dont know what it is .....or you were gifted the seed...

You can narrow it down before you make a decision

I believe anyway .

And if this gets going I will prove it thru the photos over time .

I want any body who has some genuine sativas ,sth american ,sth africa,mexican and st east asian,australian...photos mainly as this is the area of the topic that has the least information available easily to source.

I will add a guide pic of what i think a typical area seed looks like and hemp and sat/ ruderalis /indica/ afghanica seed looks like .....""""GENERALISED""""""

They will differ slightly and this is where people may disagree..

please state your case rather than arguing 

once we have an area guide they can be classified 

If I dont make sense or missed something please add or ask 

Also remember the seed breeding historical starting point

I believe needs to be divided up 

there is before 1960....   after 1960-1985.... (it is in this period most sativa  strains were lost due to indoor growing and cloning etc dominance of short indica's 1985-1992) and the emergence of" lowryder" ruderalis auto flowering genes into the pool 

1992-1996 (proposition 215 ) started the Cali breeding scene 

And the latest period 1996 to say 2010-

And the 2010 to 2017 ( with the major emergence of ruderalis and autoflowers in the mix and Indica dominant hybrids

Neville,Scott and Ben and many others 

You can trace it through the seed lines 

like a game of tennis the genetics have been hit back and forth all around the world and back again many times 

Norfolk Island is currently one of the best breeding sites in the world

http://www.smh.com.au/national/king-of-cannabis-nevil-schoenmakers-stages-a-quiet-comeback-20150218-13iazv.html

• Upvote 2

Finally 

The cross between the two 

resulted in when looked at different categories the seed could be divided up into based on shape markings and size and petiole mark/ring

So from that original cross if you look at the bowl pic you can see the seed variation showing the heritage of both mum and dad

and when put in like the lid pic 

You can see different expression in shape etc 

Which you see in a mature leaf just at the height of veg before flowering starts...which then changes after that time.

post-60532-0-18677400-1497149666_thumb.jpg

post-60532-0-16742400-1497149698_thumb.jpg

Edited by cardrona
  • Upvote 1

wow, your putting a lot into this, have you considered the size of the attachment point ? or have I missed that ? I keep my seeds in the fridge in an aright container.

Been thinking about it for a long time ....

The attachment point from my observations matures depending on where it is in the flower with age ....or on the plant  and what strain it is......what height what position it faces the sun ..so over time that becomes more pronounced and the colours  do or dont develop.

But when they develop it is noticeable that there is a difference.

Over time though you can still see the lines from some of the hemp heritage where the higher cbd is.

If you look at this selection of seeds you can see they could be split up into groups

all at different stages in colour ...ie ...where it was on the plant and age ...but you could just select for say ...the dark shiny oiler looking ones 

Having a pretty high certainty they will be of the lines that are for better oil production .

The tiger ones represent the fruitier and spicier lines...nth and sth of the equator...varying between brown and black to none at all.

So you cant say thats a specifically breed line....... but you can narrow its lineage down...

And I will only be able to really tell when you have a leaf shot . if people post.

And the other point is with variance in genetics from strain to strain and the introduction of ruderalis genes and skunk everywhere that I have noticed among unstable newer hybrids they are varying a lot in there leaf from showing indica type leaves when young and the leaves thinning out and having more of a typical sativa haze or skunk leaf. Or reverse

post-60532-0-09902000-1497154017_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

post-60532-0-40920600-1497154686_thumb.jpg

Those big seeds are hemp notice as they have gotten smaller whether they are THC cannabis or Zero THC

They have retained the plinth or edge and the petiole or 3rd eye characteristics

So when you look at that as a marker 

just like the lines coming from the base up 

I will now try and name them by colour shape and type etc 

post-60532-0-55453400-1497154696_thumb.png

post-60532-0-47327900-1497154705_thumb.jpg

post-60532-0-54947400-1497154714_thumb.jpg

Edited by cardrona
  • Upvote 1

• Oz unpinned this topic