Bogan's backyard!

The more you get including comfrey the better you will be set up in the next few years ....as ...if you onlt get one you will use them and not leave any leaf on them to grow and build up.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Divide the comfrey up as soon as you get it

Last one they had! First time checking out my local nursery, fucking loved it in there! The bloke even showed me plants he knew that kept certain bugs away![emoji106]

But will grab more comfrey...

Edited by AussieBogan

Hey AB 

sorry i haven't really been keeping up with your exploits 

do you plan to reuse the soil / pot in a no till type system ?

i ask because the use of perlite is cool but in a no till reusing system at some point the perlite will break down 

& turn to dust , same with using rice hulls as air in a mix , they work well but will disappear from the mix at some point

adding silica as they break down 

it's why people use scoria cos that ain't going anywhere , there is a down side to scoria for some , that would be weight if

moving pots about  , but scoria is like a condominium for microbes 

i'd go with peat , better CEC , i think you'll find it cheaper as well depending on what quality coco your buying , if buying canna coco

a bale of peat is 235lt for around $60 , even down to $45 a bale in QLD, check bale size not all sold the same , downside peat is not 

very sustainable , coco is 

downside to peat , very hard to re hydrate peat in a pot with a plant in it , if it's dried out & why many use a larger volume 

of soil , minimum of 15gal geo about 75lts of soil , helps to keep the pot moisture more consistent & in turn microbes / soil life happy 

• Upvote 1

Hey AB

i ask because the use of perlite is cool but in a no till reusing system at some point the perlite will break down

& turn to dust , same with using rice hulls as air in a mix , they work well but will disappear from the mix at some point

it's why people use scoria cos that ain't going anywhere , there is a down side to scoria for some , that would be weight if

moving pots about , but scoria is like a condominium for microbes

i'd go with peat , better CEC , i think you'll find it cheaper as well depending on what quality coco your buying , if buying canna coco

a bale of peat is 235lt for around $60 , even down to $45 a bale in QLD, check bale size not all sold the same , downside peat is not

downside to peat , very hard to re hydrate peat in a pot with a plant in it , if it's dried out & why many use a larger volume

of soil , minimum of 15gal geo about 75lts of soil , helps to keep the pot moisture more consistent & in turn microbes / soil life happy

No need to be sorry mate[emoji106] I appreciate it every time you drop by! I learn something new everyday with you guys! And appreciate everyone that has taken the time to chip in!

Will go with scoria....

[emoji4] bogan!

Edited by AussieBogan
  • Upvote 1

Hey AB

moving pots about , but scoria is like a condominium for microbes

Hey itchy, I'm out and about and found a brew store... Before I walk in, what should I be asking for?