Veg time

So if space isn't an issue can let it go as long as I feel then

Technically, yes.

BUT!!!

Don't just be thinking of headspace, also remember root space. They reckon if you take you plant, and turn it upside down. The spread of your green growth is equivalent to the spread of your roots. So if you've got 6ft of growth above the pot you've got 6ft of roots twisted up in your pots, plus your grow medium, plus your nutes that doesn't leave much room if you are growing in a 25ltr pot. I grow in 50ltr pots and I have to clear the tubing of the roots at least twice every grow (I'm in grow for 4-5weeks usually) or I end up having floods because the roots block up the tubes and my system can't drain. Canna plants have two types of roots. Air roots and fluid roots, they need access to air as well within the pot space. And as Nici states "...plants can double in height during flowering..." and this also adds to the root space needed

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1