Oz Wholesalers / Retailers Seem So Greedy

some examples & i'm sure you guys have seen plenty yourselves 

O2 Grow dissolved oxygen emitters 2010 $199us + ship http://www.o2grow.com/store

O2 Grow      "              "            "           "    $550au free ship http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/O2-GROW-10-GALLON-38L-DISSOLVED-OXYGEN-EMITTER-NANO-TECH-HYDROPONICS-02-GROW-/282354893532

Spectrum King 400+ LED lighting $1295us + ship http://growershouse.com/spectrum-king-led-grow-light-series-400

Spectrum King 400+    "        "      $2499.95au + $18 ship ( RRP $ 2999.95 ) http://www.hydroexperts.com.au/spectrum-king-400-led-grow-lights

now if your a wholesaler you expect a margin from your supplier so you don't buy at the US retail price , just as you would as a retailer buying from your wholesaler 

even if you do the conversion & factor in a reasonable margin shipping & poss tax , someone seems to be needing to cash in cos that's BS 

it is also poss the Oz wholesalers are not buying direct from the manufacturer & having to go though a middle man , either way i ain't paying those prices 

just disappointing you have to keep looking OS for better prices , just got some method 7's saved around $40au buying from amazon , US

i'd rather spend my money here considering someone here has already spent there money OS , but not at the currant state of play 

i accept paying a bit more for OS items but sort it out retailers cos you ain't getting my bucks until you do , of cause each to there own

with how & where you spend your money , the world is a much smaller place with the intrawebs , we have much more choice than ever B4

& the Ozzy hydro retail game ain't cutting the mustard IMHO

Quality products at reasonable prices  

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 3

I was looking at those 02 grow packs . They seem very impressive , especially because I need my set up to be stealth . You're right thou .. the prices are insane ! I'd actually pay around $100-130 AUS but $199 + postage is a bit much . I guy on YouTube makes his own for $8US . What were they thinking !

lol I understand..  Problem is there are more than likely far more than one leech middleman.  The system is designed for self-serving.  oops.  When I first came here it seemed the other way around.  I miss the days of affordable quality..it seemed more honest.  I mean, if you paid the bucks you had confidence of a decent item.  If places were gouging it was kinda shameful to support it with your custom....everything just pop-out these days, over-priced junk? :oldman: lol :bongon:  Maybe I go run and get a fidget-spinner and think about the old days lol 

Faith :sun:

Edited by Faith
  • Upvote 3

mate, contact 02 grow and ask them how much they sell to that particular retailer for,,,,exchange rate, customs duty  and freight......your in for a shock if you do that, because you will then see that they are making stuff all on them. unless you own a hydro shop you are commenting on something you know very little about,

retailer, must buy from wholesaler, wholesaler must pay import tax, individual persons do not, and obviously retailers have overheads an online business does not.

Edited by slayertat

mate, contact 02 grow and ask them how much they sell to that particular retailer for,,,,exchange rate, customs duty  and freight......your in for a shock if you do that, because you will then see that they are making stuff all on them. unless you own a hydro shop you are commenting on something you know very little about,

retailer, must buy from wholesaler, wholesaler must pay import tax, individual persons do not, and obviously retailers have overheads an online business does not.

Far enough mate appreciate an insiders point of view 

you want try working in the pro audio game , to which i'm very familiar with & all you mentioned 

very much , same , same 

...Which is kinda what I mean.  We make nothing so we are fucked pretty much.  We make holes in the ground etc.  Example is a ph pen I bought when I was growing in coco before the minders came and took it and the rest.   I paid 95 bucks at a hydro shop (was about $20 cheaper than most grow shops).  Browsing through one of our regional shops I see the same pen and decide to check it out...$225 no bs...like 6 mos later.  Not saying every place does it, but enough do.  I reckon too many. 

Faith :sun:

A lot of people wouldn't even piss on led's just because of there price tag there price tag is a big deterant for new and old growers to upgrade, like who wants to fork out $1000 for a light that covers 2x2 foot its crazy shit the manufacturers need to wake up

take a look at mars hydro led's 1/4th the price of a blackdog yet it produces the same quality gear

look at the sales from mars hydro led to blackdog led? mars hydro is all over the internet its everywhere u look, blackdog led's are in the dark

we are not all rich they must just assume we are?

mars II 400 $270

blackdog 200 $1000

SolarSystem 275 $900

whos the winner? fuck if its made by Chinese I'm still buying it if its $730 cheaper thats money in my pocket to spend on the rest of the set up

but i won't rule out paying these big bickies i really want to see what the difference is eating from a plated spoon or solid gold spoon

lol

• Upvote 1