Cairns slow seedling growth

Trying to grow for the first time to make some Rick Simpson Oil to help with many medical issues. Seedlings are now 2 weeks old and about 2" tall and look thin to me. Any advise would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Strain- Critical Kush

Light- Full Sun for 8 hrs./day . Indirect light 12 hrs/day. Most light I can get due to sheds and trees

Soil- Searls potting/cutting mix with 25% fine Perlite from Bunnings

Water- Every 3 rd. day when top 1" feels dry. Spray soil in late afternoon around stems

Pot - 5" tall x 3" round

Have "Carnage" advise and ave not used any fertilisers .

Hi Terry, 

Welcome to Oz Stoners mate :D

The tropics is a funny place to grow in these months of the year, you could win or loose.

Growing season Outdoors up here starts end of September and goes through until April/May. You can sometimes get a good winter harvest if planted in April at the latest.

Day & Night hours are close to 12/12 in Cairns all year round, at present it is well under 12 hours and plants will go straight into flower/bloom, after about 3-4 weeks from seed, particularly Indica dominant strains, unless, you can supplement some extra light when the sun goes down to try and give 18/6 Daylight/Dark, when your little plant has a few nodes you could stop supplementing light to get a harvest within about 8-10 weeks, but, at this time of year, with such long night hours and less intense sun, you will not yield much, unless you plant a lot of seeds.

You could be giving it a little too much water at the moment. Try to gauge when the pot feels about medium weight, as opposed to soaking wet or bone dry. Somewhere in between. The roots need oxygen also. You also will not see much growth in the first 14-16 days as the seedling is focusing on growing roots to support the rest of its life. I always say, having a good start sets you up for a healthier and larger yield in the end ;)

Lastly the little seedling needs to be kept warm, the nights are getting cooler and this can slow or stunt your little seedling growth too.

Back of on the water a little and keep it warm and it should take off :)

Some photos will help determine exactly whats going on mate.

Cheers

With regard to extra light ,do you think this would be of some help ?

Put the seedlings on top of my BBQ which is under cover on my patio. I have a 4 foot yellow Fluro 1.5 metres above this and was thinking of leaving them their all night with the light on. Have to use the yellow light here in the Tropics to keep all the flying bugs at bay.

Cheers