Seedlings help first time

Best thing I did was throw the shit away , and use easy plugs or dirt, to many ph dramas, probably me concrete tanks, rookwool took the bullet anyway haven't had a problem since.

Once again calling it Shit.. Because you couldn't use it.. How hard is it to PH some water to 5.5 and soak the things for a night , shake out (NOT SQUEEZE) and use..

40+ years Grodan has made the stuff .

And for 40+ years they have said rinse it, then soak it in ph adjusted water and NEVER squeeze it... 

I think your problem with rockwool is the end user Pedro kick ass de pacas..

Once again calling it Shit.. Because you couldn't use it.. How hard is it to PH some water to 5.5 and soak the things for a night , shake out (NOT SQUEEZE) and use..

40+ years Grodan has made the stuff .

And for 40+ years they have said rinse it, then soak it in ph adjusted water and NEVER squeeze it... 

I think your problem with rockwool is the end user Pedro kick ass de pacas..

You are probably right but, I do know how to PH water, the water didn't know how to stay bloody PH'd

lost all me water out of me tanks 40'000 gallons, ever since I've had problems

never had a problem with rockwool for 23 years love the stuff, 2 years of problems at the end, its shit but probably only for me

I wish I called me self pedro kick arse de pacas  sounds good, lol

• Upvote 1

You are probably right but, I do know how to PH water, the water didn't know how to stay bloody PH'd

lost all me water out of me tanks 40'000 gallons, ever since I've had problems

never had a problem with rockwool for 23 years love the stuff, 2 years of problems at the end, its shit but probably only for me

I wish I called me self pedro kick arse de pacas  sounds good, lol

They haven't change the way its made in years.. I would say your tank was to blame ,chances are it was pyth in it ... OR 

Were you using Fair Form brand PH down ????  by any chance.... I had issues with thay a few years back.. 

FFS, bahahahahaha pmsl lmfao *falls down* ... seasol aint really got any nitrogen in it. ... 

I don't remember saying seasol has nitrogen in it.. just a heads up.. get your facts right before you start running your keyboard..  :doh: 

Edited by The Jackel

They haven't change the way its made in years.. I would say your tank was to blame ,chances are it was pyth in it ... OR 

Were you using Fair Form brand PH down ????  by any chance.... I had issues with thay a few years back.. 

I collect rain water, just in a bucket, hole in the gutter on me shed, always check the PH, well fuck me, it could be of the scale at either end

PH of 4, or 9, makes it hard, fuck knows what comes out of the tanks.

Got time to fix it all now

Rockwool was the last thing I threw away, went back dirt, to sort it out

Its hard doing 60+ hrs a week and sorting problems out

• Upvote 1

I have never had a drama with rain water generally ......

As long as your gutters are clean you should be fine

Well I did .. Its not the rain, its the shit on the roof, in the gutters, in the tank, the heat during summer... All breading grounds for Pyth. Dont trust tank water, treat it. 

Their are also other pathogens that build up in tank water that will make humans sick ..

The dust from cars on the gravel road settles on your roof.

Bird shit..

Pollen..

Insects.

Dust.

leaves.

ag sprays

Fertiliser dust from a super phosphate spreader.

Possum shit

Are you getting my point... Tank water is not pure rain water and has the potential to kill your plants in a hydro system.

I have first flush diversion ,  leaf traps, outlet filters particle and charcoal ( whole house system) I chlorinate as per Australian safe drinking water guide lines. and I use H2o2 in my rooms storage tank and in my res... 

I live on tank water..  

Edited by Traviss

Well I did .. Its not the rain, its the shit on the roof, in the gutters, in the tank, the heat during summer... All breading grounds for Pyth. Dont trust tank water, treat it. 

Their are also other pathogens that build up in tank water that will make humans sick ..

The dust from cars on the gravel road settles on your roof.

Bird shit..

Pollen..

Insects.

Dust.

leaves.

ag sprays

Fertiliser dust from a super phosphate spreader.

Possum shit

Are you getting my point... Tank water is not pure rain water and has the potential to kill your plants in a hydro system.

I have first flush diversion ,  leaf traps, outlet filters particle and charcoal ( whole house system) I chlorinate as per Australian safe drinking water guide lines. and I use H2o2 in my rooms storage tank and in my res... 

I live on tank water..  

True ...so how is the water now ?