• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics
Seedsman cannabis seeds seedbank marijuana

Photo

Buddha strain

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

cardrona

cardrona

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2044 Posts:
  • Interests:Don Burke loves cannabis ;)
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:None

Remember the name well, there was a lot of shit comming in from PNG at the time that was called Buddha.

There was also some real nice killer weed coming out of Vic at the time , people started calling that Buddha as well

Then there was a lot of shit coming down from the NSW, 10 lb's a week made into grams, and passed of as Buddha  

my moneys on the PNG shit as the real Buddha

Best smoke was the Vic shit

Memory is a bit hazy, was a pisshead as well as a pot head back then

I believe that was what was happening too ...pretty much anything like ....kush and OG was getting called Buddha and Mango but you knew it when you got it ...it was hands down better than what was being passed off as it

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

_Puff_Tough_

_Puff_Tough_

Stoned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 Posts:
  • Interests:THE CANNABS AND TERPS ofcourse !Those who profit off of the misery of peaceful people are a prime example of what is wrong with this twisted world.
  • Cannabis Use:Spiritual
  • Fav. Type:Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: HIDs
Wrong, you probably were'nt getting kush or og..... nobody knew of og back then... og has been popularised over the last decade... There were alot of sativas growing around oz in the ol' days.... not alot of heavy hard hitting narcotic indicas like the kushes in circulation though....
*** Warning - Cannabis causes severe paranoia in prohibitionist countries *** OVERGROW THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT !
Every individuals interaction with cannabis is such that we all have a unique understanding of its desires and behaviors and hence often growers give what appears to be two polar opposite solutions to a growers plant issues..... Some lack biological/botanical understanding and have a limited vocabulary to describe what was merely their understandings of the interactions they've had with the plant. Sometimes successes were'nt instantiated by the choices you made in your gardens though and what you thought may have assisted you in reaching your goals didnt, and hence there are many roads travelled.... remember that. TIC-TOC TIC-TOC...... If you use disco lights (leds) I will not provide you with any advice whatsoever.

Disclaimer:
I am occasionally a megalomaniac with delusions and psychosis so anything i claim is most likely totally utter nonsense, nothing i say can and will be used against me because i am totally fabricating anything mentioned......... Fuck you very much, with love.
***So.... some people in oz and around the world are legally entitled to grow, if you are asking for grow advice i presume you are legally entitled to do so. Contact me via messenger for any cannabis grow related concerns, i will happily assist.***
I habitually skim over threads. If it appears i have poor attention to detail.......... Chronmasta's legacy lives on.

Sent from my 3rd_Eye Using jizz-6.9.69

cardrona

cardrona

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 2044 Posts:

;)

Edited by cardrona, 30 May 2017 - 10:30 PM.

cardrona

cardrona

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 2044 Posts:

Wrong, you probably were'nt getting kush or og..... nobody knew of og back then... og has been popularised over the last decade... There were alot of sativas growing around oz in the ol' days.... not alot of heavy hard hitting narcotic indicas like the kushes in circulation though....

I didnt mean we were getting that ....You misunderstood me

It was a compare to the way kush or OG is used"wording" in the states as an umbrella term for a few types which arent even that strain

I know it wasnt in Oz ...the first indicas I got from bag seed were in 1986 in NSW and I can imagine they were not here maybe any more than a decade or two prior and only by travellers who bought them back

pedro de pacas

pedro de pacas

tnuc

• Members
  • 11015 Posts:
  • Interests:maryjane
  • Cannabis Use:Hemp/Fibre
  • Fav. Lighting: fire lighter
  • Fav. Nutrients:alcohol

There was a some dynamite indica strains growing in Vic, but you are right about the rest of OZ, lots of sativa smoke everywhere,

a heap was coming out of Bowen in QLD, really nice shit going all over the place, packed in amongst the tomato boxes , heaps went over WA and down south to Vic

A lot better choice of smoko back then, lots of good hash and oil as well, only problem was, pot was expensive piss was cheap and smokes cost fuck all

pedro de pacas

pedro de pacas

tnuc

• Members
  • 11015 Posts:
  • Interests:maryjane
  • Cannabis Use:Hemp/Fibre
  • Fav. Lighting: fire lighter
  • Fav. Nutrients:alcohol

I didnt mean we were getting that ....You misunderstood me

It was a compare to the way kush or OG is used"wording" in the states as an umbrella term for a few types which arent even that strain

I know it wasnt in Oz ...the first indicas I got from bag seed were in 1986 in NSW and I can imagine they were not here maybe any more than a decade or two prior and only by travellers who bought them back

There was a bus tour through all the hash places in the early 80s, lots of hash got smuggled back, you don't wont to know how

seeds were the easy part

A lot of good shit used to get grown in backyards here in vic

cardrona

cardrona

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 2044 Posts:

Yep didn't see much hash easily after about 98

heaps in the 80's and dried up as the 90's came on..

You would have thought with multiculturalism it would have made a comeback  ;)

MongyMan

MongyMan

Cannabis Research Breeder

• Moderator Crew
  • 3489 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis Genetics and Breeding
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Lighting: HID and the Sun

my moneys on the PNG shit as the real Buddha

+1

gallery_7617_565_5131.jpg

"Cannabis Prohibition Laws Only Cultivate Organised Crime"

"Don't let fear hold you back, Stand up for your beliefs if you believe Cannabis improves your health." Daryl D

I Support

Cannabis Compassion Australia

Putting Patients Before Profit

Cannabis was called Cannabis when Australia was founded. Marijuana was a mexican word unknown in Australia until American Reefer Madness arrived.

gallery_7617_360_6824.jpg

cardrona

cardrona

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 2044 Posts:

Quite possibly high up on the list

hermananian

hermananian

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational

Saw lots in the 70s came in compressed bundles that needed to be steamed apart ,were tied in very fine stands of what I was led to believe was stripped from the stems of the plants. Had a thin strip of ,,, I think it was bamboo,,with the bud wrapped around it and tied on .

Unless you had the original strains and same process ,I doubt you'd find the same smell and taste.

It was a good smoke but I think it was good for its time , deffinatly better than a lot of the seedy shit that got around in those days.

Even the compressed weed nowadays in Thailand doesn't live up to Buddha sticks of old .

Never tried the strain they call Buddha though. It isn't called Buddha because of any similarity to the sticks is it ??

I would like to grow a good Thai if I was growing outdoors though.

Saw a few rip offs with local bud and leaf tied around bamboo skewers and tied up in cotton .they were usually sold at low end of our market.

I remember the sticks in the late 70s were tied with twine, and were the real Mcoy, the cotton ones were a knock off.  I can remember getting these in bundles also and were a great smoke. Some of the best budha I ever smoked was a chocolate colour, it seemed as if it was dipped in oil and knocked your socks off, I remember two cones and you couldn't function, this came in oz's not sticks  .  I have searched for strains with chocolate thai in them, and the best I have grown is chocolope, potent, good yeilder, sative high. I have made some crosses with chocolope and super lemon haze then crossed to kali mist. 

Edited by hermananian, 01 June 2017 - 04:50 AM.

Hy-Gen Budlink Ultimate Liquid Silica
Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.