Do cmh ballast let of rf interface? Als info about 10k globes needed

Hello,

I am running 4 cmh's 3 of them being hi pars verticsls with the Phillips 930 globes and one nanolux with a maxpar globe it vertical......

I see on nanolux website there selling rf filters...here's what's they say

RF FILTER KIT

The RF Filter set is a product of necessity. Over the past year the FCC has come down hard on electronic ballast manufacturers. Until recently electronic ballasts received little attention. However, as more and more gardeners switch to electronic ballasts, the FCC has started to take notice when it comes to both emitted and conducted radio frequency interference aka RFI. The more electronic ballasts that are in operation the greater the disruption. This can cause issues both within your home and throughout your community and neighborhood. There are two types of RFI created by electronic ballasts. Both are regulated by the FCC, but each has its own distinctive characteristics. First, there’s emitted RFI which can disrupt electronic devices within your home that run on an RF signal. Such devices include some cable boxes, internet, Bluetooth devices, and even some hydroponic controller units currently on the market. The emitted RF filter attaches to the lamp cord, while the second type of RFI, conducted RFI, can be controlled by the conducted RF filter which connects to the power cord. The conducted RF filter protects your neighbors’ and public safety communications. If conducted RFI reaches the copper wiring of your home, it will turn the house into one giant antenna. This antenna of RFI can extend miles. It will disrupt all things operating on a radio frequency around 30kHz. This includes your neighbor’s cable, internet, and other RF devices, plus many emergency communications that run on this frequency. If disruptions are caused, the first call you will get will most likely be from your cable company telling you they need to come inspect the lines in your house because of the RFI being radiated from your home has caused your neighbors internet to go out. Next comes local law enforcement that needs to inspect the source of disruption for emergency communications. Needless to say, nobody wants this type of attention. It is now a legal requirement to have RF filters on all electronic ballasts. Nanolux is the first company to provide you with both an emitted and conducted RF filter. Other companies may try to sell you one filter, but that only solves half the problem. Get the full solution. Stay quiet and keep others safe with our RF Filter Set for just $39.99 MSRP.

RF FILTER SET – OUTPUT

Max Voltage: 600V

Max Current: 10A

Frequency: 50/60Hz

Max Conducted Emission Reduction: (0.45MHz – 30MHz) 25dB

Max Radiated Emission: (30MHz – 1000MHz) 25dB

Reference Standard: FCC Part 18 Class B

RF FILTER SET – INPUT

Input Voltage: 120/240/277Vac

Max Current: 15A

Frequency: 50/60Hz

Max Conducted Emission Reduction: (0.45MHz – 30MHz) 45dB

Max Radiated Emission Reduction: (30MHz – 1000MHz) 23dB

Reference Standard: FCC Part 18 Class B

CAUTION:

This device is used for reducing the EMI and EMC of ballasts, use for input and output respectively. Make sure that all plug connections are good and that RF Filter Set is secured.

Now my question is do cmh has RF problems and to,stay %100 safe am I best to run the rf filters on cmh lights?

Also now to the 10k CMH lights, Iv been told the 10ks only work well in vertical hi par lights shades, shops and wholesalers have said the same thing and said it's even on the boxes? I chucked mine out to bad I'll look next time I'm down at my hydro. I'm wondering if this also applies for th ensnokux cmh as I have a vertical shade and I really want to finish of with all 10k globes....might have to buy a new shade?

Also on nanolux they don't mention nothing about a 10k globe they just advertise there 3 and 4K globes....not sure if a 10k would work at all?

Edited by medicalgrower

Can't say for sure as I don't have any equipment for measuring it.  But with 2 CMH ballasts, and a digi HPS ballast all running I've had no noticeable issues with internet connectivity while they are on, but my grow is about 30 metres from the house and my modem/router.  I have also been on my phone in the grow area with all lights on and noticed no clarity or connection issues.  If I had a radio I'd try it out down there, but I don't, but my neighbour has his radio on in his backyard about 20 metres from my grow area at times, and it sounds clear to me, so????

Mine are HI Par CMH's, and a Lumatek dimmable HPS.  Nanolux may have their own specific problems.  I know the Lumatek is meant to have some shielding, but have also heard that once you run 3 or more of them that they start to cause RF problems.