How to produce buds every month or so, needing help please

It really comes down to managing your plants and getting the timing right.  You can do it with 1 flower room and just cycle plants in and out like a production line, but no matter how you do that it still adds up to bigger numbers of plants.

Simplest way for what you're talking is to set up a 3rd room/tent for starting and vegging, and start a new plant every month or so, veg it and chuck it in a flower tent as you harvest the previous tenant.  But unless you are growing for quick harvest rather than optimum maturity, monthly harvests won't work out with 2 flower rooms.  My faster indica's go at least 12 weeks of 12/12 before harvest, so that's 3 tents, or harvest every 6 weeks.

I thought about perpetual harvest once, but between mother plants, clones, and a single flower room production line, I ended up with a number of plants around 40, which facilitated a change of underwear, and I haven't thought about it since.  It's a technique only really suited to commercial production rather than personal use, let alone medicinal where it's even more important to harvest by specific maturity levels.  Not to mention the fact that perpetual requires a single strain to work, and who wants to be stuck consuming only one strain?

:peace:

• Upvote 2

no offence but based on your hundreds of threads asking every possible question i assume you are pretty inexperienced. keep it simple and have one flower area and one veg area, and just stagger the plants going into flower, no reason you can't flower 2 then in a few weeks, flower 2 more, then a few weeks after that, the first 2 are ready and 2 more should be nearly ready to go in. just do some googling instead of creating a new thread for every problem you have, you will find that someone has always done it before. In this case most people either have 2 flower areas for staggered harvests, or one flower area and stagger the plants which go into it. Nothing really complicated about it.

My ideal perpetual set up would be 1x1meter tents times 3 of them and one clone tent, keep 1 mother plant, 4 plants in veg, 4 plants in early flower, 4 plants in later flower, but at anyone time u would likely have 17 plants which is commercial quantity

i would clone the mother than veg 4 plants for 4 weeks, while 4 plants are entering first 4 weeks of flower while 4 more pants are entering week 4 of flower

this will give u a harvest every 4 weeks, the more frequent u want to harvest the more plants involved, more room needed etc.. or u can half your plants and enter them at 2 week intervals

than to throw a curve ball u can run 6 week strains instead of 8 weeks.... it only gets as complicated as one makes it

you could possibly fit all your flowering girls into one big tent but i personally like separate tent idea in case one gets problems

there are new tents on the market made by Secret Jardin and sold under the Grow Lush brand i have one an can vouch these tents are top notice in quality they are nothing like Grow Lush tents, i have the Secret Jardin L90 which is a Lodge 90cm wide tent by 1.35m tall it has a wall dividing off the veg/clone area from the flowering room, this tent is specifically sold for the use of perpetual grow's

here are the pictures

post-2209-0-73273200-1492516775_thumb.jpg

Considering your talking about having multiple tents, space can not be an issue I once grew many yrs ago perpetual harvests I had 3 tents in total 2 tents in flower and one tent veg with a clone to harvest time of 4 months this was producing 3 pound of dried weed every 10-12 weeks the first cycle takes the longest to set your self up into position to grow them big enough and take enough clones for your next cycle it's also super important to pick a strain that will also yield you enough weed for your needs...

Having 3 tents on the go ment at any given time I would have 20 plants in different stages of flower 10 plants in veg and 50 clones in my turbo clones getting ready for veg cycle , I don't need to tell you what would happen if you got busted doing that...

I would suggest you focus on just growing one tent in scrog totally full and grow it well and not have time limit not be in a rush to harvest and you will only need to grow one tent a yr to have enough meds for the hole yr unless you think you can smoke over 2 pound by your self Iam growing 2 cycles a yr with 3 strains and that yields in total around 6 pound variations of course due to number of plants of particular strains and that's more than enough meds for 3 people all yr

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Also thanks for your input guys, Iv decided to keep it simple with 1 grow.....4 plants at a time trying to get a P+ of each plant ......hmmm lets see shall we....

It really comes down to managing your plants and getting the timing right. You can do it with 1 flower room and just cycle plants in and out like a production line, but no matter how you do that it still adds up to bigger numbers of plants.

Simplest way for what you're talking is to set up a 3rd room/tent for starting and vegging, and start a new plant every month or so, veg it and chuck it in a flower tent as you harvest the previous tenant. But unless you are growing for quick harvest rather than optimum maturity, monthly harvests won't work out with 2 flower rooms. My faster indica's go at least 12 weeks of 12/12 before harvest, so that's 3 tents, or harvest every 6 weeks.

I thought about perpetual harvest once, but between mother plants, clones, and a single flower room production line, I ended up with a number of plants around 40, which facilitated a change of underwear, and I haven't thought about it since. It's a technique only really suited to commercial production rather than personal use, let alone medicinal where it's even more important to harvest by specific maturity levels. Not to mention the fact that perpetual requires a single strain to work, and who wants to be stuck consuming only one strain?

:peace:

Cheers mate good info. Thanks...now can u please fill me in about how you flower your plants a lot longer then most growers? 12 weeks on 12/12? Seriously???

I mean what's all this about indices etc only going for 7-8weeks and ur claiming u let them go for basicsllly a extra 4 weeks? I'd love to hear your sorry hear mate, as il love to pass it on to my mate who grows with me, he would not believe me enless I could provide some realistic proof........hmmm I'm awaiting your Reply on this......it will be interesting....how can u flower a 8 week flowerimg plants for 12 weeks? And how much extra etc do u get out of it?

Also growing this round I have a strawberry kush, lemon haze and a critical mass, my question is how long should I flower these for?

This is a interesting subject I hope I can get a reply sooner rather then later.....also sorry for my absence...been busy

Edited by medicalgrower

I chopped buds in Dec

I chopped buds in Jan

I chopped buds in Feb

I chopped buds in Mar

I chopped buds in Apr

I chopped buds in May

And I'm still chopping buds in June

No chopping in Jul

No chopping in Aug

Probably chopping buds in Sept

No chopping in Oct

No chopping in Nov

Dec start again

No 12 week Indie's here, lol

Edited by pedro de pacas

I too go 12 weeks of 12/12.

This is the third browning of the hairs and is well worth the wait (and weight lol )

The first browning occurs around the 8week mark and most commercial growers harvest after the first browning.

But:

After those hairs brown off, die and disappear the bud swells internally as the new white hairs develop inside, before bursting forward, browning and dying.

The additional maturity increases the flavonoids and IMO the resulting smoke is exquisite.

I have in the past allowed a plant to go through 16weeks of 12/12 but I did not find much improvement over the 12-13week smoke.

As for the weight, I was pulling around a Lb for a 8week, maybe a bit less and around 30+ oz for a 12week.

I grow my own to reduce my need for opiates for pain management. The increased maturity works wonders for my needs.

P.S. The hash for it is wicked too lol

Merl1n

• Upvote 1