Buying equipment online

I only purchase off real stores with a real shop ..I avoid anything from China and I avoid ebay only sellers as it usually just a China store with a base in Australia..

The one you linked is a dodgy ebay shit.. No phone number, no pick up address, Only ebay email ,.No registered Business, .. Cheap China copy which IMO will fail and then they wont answer your emails about warranty..

BUYER BEWARE..

If you purchase from a known business thats been trading for years and has a shop and staff and a real address and a real phone number you get a real warranty.. They are on Ebay just check them out before buying..

Edited by Traviss

What ^he^ said, so long as your not making big purchases it's all groovy.  I buy the bulk of my smaller orders online or through Ebay, never been a problem.  But I do the trip to Sydney for bigger orders, even though they're not even close to commercial operation amounts.

I don't know about brands with LED's, but Traviss is right about dodgy Ebay shit, with anything important, which is most stuff, get a known quality brand or you are throwing money away and setting yourself up for problems.  So do your research on it.

:peace:

Hey guys,

Im new here and thinking of starting a sml grow.

I am thinking of purchasing a viparspectra 300watt

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/172629153101?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275&_mwBanner=1

So my question is how dodgy is it getting these delivered and does anyone have any opinions on them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

a while ago i did a Google search on top 10 led brands, viparspectra was 9th on the list. bit hard what to believe when there is so many opinions out there.. just gotta see for yourself. if u do get one.. post ur results here,

I only purchase off real stores with a real shop ..I avoid anything from China and I avoid ebay only sellers as it usually just a China store with a base in Australia..

The one you linked is a dodgy ebay shit.. No phone number, no pick up address, Only ebay email ,.No registered Business, .. Cheap China copy which IMO will fail and then they wont answer your emails about warranty..

BUYER BEWARE..

If you purchase from a known business thats been trading for years and has a shop and staff and a real address and a real phone number you get a real warranty.. They are on Ebay just check them out before buying..

hi trav, how do u know this light is a copy? have u bought one? cheers

hi trav, how do u know this light is a copy? have u bought one? cheers

The Link shared at the top of the page is to a suspicious ebay seller..

No Contact number.

No fixed address or shop front 

No pick up only post.

Read feed back ..

And when you do check feedback you will see the Ebay seller is a Hong Kong based company and not in Australia at all.

This all leads me to believe the company is a scammer so the lights are FAKE, copies,cheap shit that fails..

Buyer beware.. 

HTH's

The Link shared at the top of the page is to a suspicious ebay seller..

No Contact number.

No fixed address or shop front

No pick up only post.

Read feed back ..

And when you do check feedback you will see the Ebay seller is a Hong Kong based company and not in Australia at all.

This all leads me to believe the company is a scammer so the lights are FAKE, copies,cheap shit that fails..

Buyer beware..

HTH's

thanks for clearing that up travis, but not really the answer i was looking for. asked how u can tell if a light is a fake... ur bagging this seller out and claiming their products are fake, all because u think they r dodgy? so basically its just ur opinion of the seller? have u done any research on the lights and compared them to the lights that viparspectra usa sell? well i did, when i was looking at lights some time ago. viparspectra dont hide the fact their lights are indeed made in china... its actually printed on the certificate on the light. and the ebay seller, well i bought from them and my light got posted from nsw? not trying to start shit either trav, just gotta drill it into the newbies (like me) to do ur research first,
  • Upvote 2

a while ago i did a Google search on top 10 led brands, viparspectra was 9th on the list. bit hard what to believe when there is so many opinions out there.. just gotta see for yourself. if u do get one.. post ur results here,

I have a vipaspectra 300w and grew a royal dwarf under it and got 1oz (had heaps of issues with ph in grow) and also a amnesia vegged for 3 weeks and pulled after 5 1/2 weeks of flowering (noob mistake) and got 3 1/2oz I think they are great lights i ended up buying 2. Was possibly considering a 600w one but have now decided on the cbx cob led route.